Howto Request: Restrict payment method at checkout based on product_id

Started by David Richmond, October 28, 2011, 23:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Richmond

Thanks for the 5 years of virtuemart that I have enjoyed, I have deployed it to several sites and hacked into it a little but here is my current need:

I am selling individual registrations and acting as an agent for several different customers, I don't want to take all payments via my auth.net account and then have to turn around and cut them a check.  I would prefer to have a lookup table that keeps track of product_id and payment_methodid then when the checkout page rolls around have Virtuemart select the correct method for me.

This is basically how the online forms system Wufoo works if you are familiar with it, each form (product) has an associated payment method.

This will allow me to drop in my vendors paypal if they want paypal, or auth.net if they have it etc etc and have their money go right into their account then i will just bill them for my services seperatesly based on sales.  I want to restirct payment_methods by a where statement to only show the methods i want for a particular product id.

Real world example:

I am selling tournament event registrations for 10 different promoters, I have a ton of custom configurator code that gets the registrtation data then passes it on to virtuemart's add to cart with a parameter string of all the different custom attributes.  Now i just need a way to automatically insure that the 2011 Florida Cup registrats check out using payment method "2011 Florida cup Paypal" and don't see any other options available.

Thank you very much for any insights!

David

alatak

Hi,

This will not be done by the standard paypal plugin.
But ofc, you can ask for a specific development. You should ask for some professional help.