News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Paypal Payment / Status / Notification

Started by milemaker, October 22, 2011, 02:10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milemaker

i have small site jaimelesmacarons.co.nz/online-shop using Joomla 1.7.2 / VM  1.9.8i

the paypal payment works fine but the notification and status does not get updated automatically based on successful payment. even though i can login to VM and change order status manually from "pending" to "confirmed" is there a way to automate this process?

the desired logic: paypal payment = success / paypal redirects to "thank you" page / vm - status updates from "pending" to "confirmed" automatically / email notifications are sent automatically. (i believe this is how VM 1.1.9 works, isn't it).

in VM 1.9.8 does "confirmed" stands for - vendor accepted order or "confirmed" = paypal payment received successfully?

much appreciated
michal

alatak

Hi,

Please update to the J version. I had a bug in the I version.

Remeber to update the component Com_virtuemart, and the one called com_vituemart_iao that contains all plugins and modules.
Thanks,

milemaker

Alatak, thank you very much for your reply

i have updated to J version and run test paying though paypal. the issue is partially resolved.

confirmation email gets sent to shopper and status in the email reads "Order confirmed.. you bought and confirmed an order.."

on the other hand. no confirmation email is sent to vendor neither administration status updates from "pending" to "confirmed"

VM Order Details:

Date Added                                   Shopper Notified?   Status   Comment
Monday, 24 October 2011 03:22   Yes                           Pending   
Monday, 24 October 2011 03:24   No      

changing status manually triggers error:

vmError: The workflow for or P is unknown, take a look on model/orders function handleStockAfterStatusChanged

then email is sent to shopper - status "pending"

alatak

Hi,

The payment workflow in VirtueMart 2 is different from VM1.
For example the order is only sent to the customer and the vendor, when the shop receives a notifcation from paypal saying that the payment is confirmed.
QuoteVM Order Details:
Date Added                                   Shopper Notified?   Status   Comment
Monday, 24 October 2011 03:22   Yes                           Pending   
Monday, 24 October 2011 03:24   No     
The payment status should have been set to confirmed. Did you set up correctly in the payment configuration?

Quotechanging status manually triggers error:

vmError: The workflow for or P is unknown, take a look on model/orders function handleStockAfterStatusChanged
I will check that .

milemaker

thanks for the workflow clarification. (i have also noticed that if order is placed but canceled at the paypal payment page it gets automatically deleted from VM which is great.)

i have attached print screens of my settings. i believe it should be set up correctly.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

alatak

Hi,

And you do have updated aio?

Quotethanks for the workflow clarification. (i have also noticed that if order is placed but canceled at the paypal payment page it gets automatically deleted from VM which is great.)
yes, we do not want to keep those orders.

milemaker

yes i did.

i am building another site and tested paypal process there as well. new install of 1.9.8j and aio on Joomla 1.7.2.

i am getting similar results. payment is accepted by paypal. vm sends email with title "[5ae5cf30], Confirmed order at Aroha Drinks, total $<b>0.10</b> NZ". Order  status"confirmed". order page in VM does not update its's tatus but remains as "pending".

i can change status half way down the page but that does not trigger any action.

changing status at the top as "update status" gives error: vmError: The workflow for or C is unknown, take a look on model/orders function handleStockAfterStatusChange. email is sent saying "new status - pending".

am i the only one experiencing the issue?

thanks,
m.

alatak

Hi,

I am going to have a look at your problem.

milemaker

Hi Alatak,

it was great to see the new "k" subversion. i have tested it quickly and noticed a lot of improvements, great work.

I can now manually update order status too and the error message is gone as well.

On the other hand VM still does not update its status from "pending" to "confirmed" automatically. Using Paypal as an payment option.

One other minor thing. The "update status" pop up displays two "order status" drop down fields. the one at the bottom often times overlaps the "save" and "cancel" buttons. ( i have attached print screen. i am using mac and chrome browser).

alatak

Hi,

QuoteOn the other hand VM still does not update its status from "pending" to "confirmed" automatically. Using Paypal as an payment option.
Yes i saw it. And i have already ifixed it but after the k release :).

milemaker

excellent!

is there any way i could get a hold of the updated files?

big thanks.