News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Migrating from VM1 to VM2

Started by mandingueiro, October 19, 2011, 17:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandingueiro

Hello.

My e-shop currently is running on J1.5 and VM1. I've just installed J1.7.2 and VM2.0.0-RC2i and I want to import all the products and categories from my old site. Does the migrator do that?

Thanks in advance!

PRO

on a different install?

Export the database tables for virtuemart. THEN, import into the new database.

MOVE your image files into the correct folder.

Then, use the migrator

Venkko

Export the database tables for virtuemart. THEN, import into the new database.

How is this done?
www.pikkukoala.fi (J 1.5 & VM 1.1.5)
www.lastentavarat.fi (J 1.5.23 & V2.0.0)

PRO

Venkko, there is an import and export button in phpmyadmin

YIU HAVE to make sure you only get the vm_ tables though

mandingueiro

I should export all the vm tables? What about the tables prefix being different in the 1.7 installation than this in the 1.5? I suppose that's what the migrator does?

PRO

thats exactly what the migrator does

1.1 is _vm   2.0 is _virtuemart

mandingueiro

I've just importe the tables in the new database and tried to use the migrator (without uploading the product images, just to see if it works). I got this message and no products was imported:

QuoteFound prior migration process, resume migration maxScriptTime 26 maxMemoryLimit 96
Synchronized 0 media for product in directory images/stories/virtuemart/product/
Synchronized 0 media for category in directory images/stories/virtuemart/category/
Synchronized 0 media for manufacturer in directory images/stories/virtuemart/manufacturer/
Synchronized 0 media for vendor in directory images/stories/virtuemart/vendor/
Looks everything worked correct, migrated 0 categories
No categories to import
Looks everything worked correct, migrated 0 manufacturer categories
Looks everything worked correct, migrated 0 manufacturers
_productPorter Table 'ebath_main.hc0zn_vm_product' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT * FROM hc0zn_vm_product AS `p` LEFT JOIN hc0zn_vm_product_price ON hc0zn_vm_product_price.product_id = `p`.product_id LEFT JOIN hc0zn_vm_product_mf_xref ON hc0zn_vm_product_mf_xref.product_id = `p`.product_id LIMIT 0,8500
Worked on general migration for 0.0415258407593 seconds

Was this suppose to happen?

Thanks in advance.

PRO

update your vmart and try again.

mandingueiro

It is already updated (j).

However, I've also installed the aio (latest) but when I go to the aio component it says that I have the 'i' version even though I have the j installed, so I get a 'new version is available' message.

PRO

this is exactly how I migrated a site on friday.

How did you import and export tables?

mandingueiro

Using phpMyAdmin, I've did an export selecting the old tables (saving it to a .sql file) and went to the new database and imported (uploading the file). So my database looks like this.

note: I still haven't uploaded the product images, all I've done was the db thing.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

PRO

if you do the migration without the images, you will have to do it all over again.

ALSO, what you do is keep hitting the migrate "all" until it finishes.

mandingueiro

So I should upload the product & category images too and then retry? Or there are more steps before it?

Note that I only want to get the products/categories from the old shop. I'll reconfigure it myself. No shopper groups etc need to be imported.

And by "ALL" you mean "Migrate everything"?

PRO

yes move pics first

2nd tab "Migration" and choose "everything" and you have to probably do it 5 times for all to migrate

mandingueiro

Uploaded the images and did a migrate everything. I got this message:

QuoteFound prior migration process, resume migration maxScriptTime 26 maxMemoryLimit 96
Synchronized 489 media for product in directory images/stories/virtuemart/product/
Worked on migration for 26.0135719776 seconds
Migration finished

Info: File for images/stories/virtuemart/product/ΚΑΜΠΙΝΑ ΜΠ is missing

EDIT: Now i'm running the migration for 3rd time to see what happens. By the way I don't see any imported products on my product list.

I'm about on the 6th execution of the migration (I have 2639 products). I always get some messages like these:

QuotemError: Couldnt create thumb, file not found /home/ebath/public_html/images/stories/virtuemart/product/A_1.JPG4d19cd41a9e80.jpg
vmError: Couldnt create thumb, file not found /home/ebath/public_html/images/stories/virtuemart/product/A_1.JPG4d19ccb06ad09.jpg

and

Info: File for images/stories/virtuemart/product/ΚΑΜΠΙΝΑ ΝΤ is missing