News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Paypal payment issue

Started by norgan, October 13, 2011, 01:10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

norgan

When using the paypal payment plugin i am getting a problem withy checkout. Instead of calling paypal.com//cgi-bin/webscr?&cmd=_ext-enter&redirect_cmd=_xclick&upload=1&business=......
it's trying to call mywebsite.com//cgi-bin/webscr?&cmd=_ext-enter&redirect_cmd=_xclick&upload=1&business=........

If i replace the initial hostname from my website to paypal.com then it works.

Any idea's why this would not be passing the right url?

alatak

Hi,

Can you tell which Joomla version, and which VirtueMart version?

norgan

Quote from: alatak on October 13, 2011, 18:11:16 PM
Hi,

Can you tell which Joomla version, and which VirtueMart version?

Hi It's Joomla 1.7 and virtuemart 1.9.8.H

stinga

You have not set the PP URL up correctly in the setup screen
Stinga.
614869 products in 747 categories with 15749 products in 1 category.
                                             Document Complete   Fully Loaded
                Load Time First Byte Start Render   Time      Requests      Time      Requests
First View     2.470s     0.635s     1.276s          2.470s       31            2.470s      31
Repeat View  1.064s     0.561s     1.100s          1.064s       4             1.221s       4

alatak

Hi,

I don't test Paypal that way.

But I send the session_id to paypal as "custom" parameter. If i don"'t get it ack, then i don't update the status order.

Which means to test , you have to go in the session table to find your actual session id, and give it to paypal.

norgan

Quote from: stinga on October 19, 2011, 10:44:07 AM
You have not set the PP URL up correctly in the setup screen

What URL where? the docco for this is crap!

I have set paypal email which is the only option and turned off all debug and sandbox. still only shows the malformed URL.  there is a logo field that says select options but there is nothing in there and won't let me enter anything.

wtf am i missing this is pretty annoying, the total lack of docco and everyone else saying that their paypal works fine is no consolation whatsoever.

alatak

Hi,

Your problem seems to be very specific.
You do not need documentation to set up Paypal, and to give an email adress to configure it.

I can try to help you, but you need to give me more input.
To be mad or to swear does not help me to help you.
So  watch your language.

And if you feel that documentation is needed, you can do it and PM it to me. I will be happy to add in the wiki. :)

What is your enviromenment? PC? windows? mac? Linux? Firefox? Safari? ...

reddeer

Hi Alatak,

I have the same results as stinga. My development system is a Windows 7 machine.  I'm running Joomla 1.7 stable on XAMPP 1.7.3 with virtuemart1.9.8.RC2k. 

In case more detail helps, here the Joomla system info:

PHP Built On    Windows NT
Database Version    5.1.41
Database Collation    utf8_general_ci
PHP Version    5.3.1
Web Server    Apache/2.2.14 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8l mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.3.1 mod_apreq2-20090110/2.7.1 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1
WebServer to PHP Interface    apache2handler
Joomla! Version    Joomla! 1.7.0 Stable [ Ember ] 19-Jul-2011 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version    Joomla Platform 11.1 Stable+Modified [ Ember ] 01-Jun-2011 06:00 GMT
User Agent    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1

These are my errors:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla17\libraries\joomla\database\database\mysqli.php on line 391

Please let me know whether you need any other information for debugging.  I actually use Authorize.net, but tried to configure for PayPal to test whether I had properly installed credit card php file.

BTW, is anyone seeing this problem on Linux?

Merci.  8)

alatak

Hi,

Txs,

I will have a look with a PC.
I am testing on a Mac, but some of our tester are on PC, and windows.
We are going to release a L version. The package are ready,and i did not change that.
So please be patient :)

Btw, do you know that you should use MYSQL and not MYSQLI. Looks like MYSQLI does not work with php5.3.
Can you try changing your database.

Txs :)

reddeer

Hi Alatak,

Thank you.

No, I did not know that I should use MySQL rather than MySQLi.  When I was installing Joomla 1.7, I wasn't sure whether to select MySQL or MySQLi, so I looked at the Joomla forums for advice and found http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2582398  Also, some directions for installing Joomla 1.7 specifically suggest using MySQLi.  The directions that I used (wish I could find them again) said that MySQLi would be the more secure selection.

However, after seeing your answer and searching the VirtueMart forums I now see:

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90617.0

in which Milbo advises using mysql instead of mysqli.

I can try changing the db as a test.  However, the docs at http://php.net/manual/en/mysqli.installation.php say: "On Windows, for PHP versions 5.3 and newer, the mysqli extension is enabled and uses the MySQL Native Driver by default. This means you don't need to worry about configuring access to libmysql.dll."

Thanks again!  I'm looking forward to your Authorize.net payment method implementation.  I don't know Mac OS X, but let me know if you need help testing on Windows (7) or Linux (CentOS).