News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Joomla 1.7.1 Install Question

Started by charles99, October 10, 2011, 15:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charles99

Is there a problem with Joomla 1.7.1 and Virtuemart 2.0 G or H?  When you check the forum its seem certain file are not getting installed or problem with the menu.  I do know when doing an upgrade in Joomla 1.7.1 it fails to add a admin menu item or a menu to the front sometimes. Which will require you to edit your database directly and then do a re-install on the component you are upgrading.

So why so many little problems when it comes to Joomla 1.7.1?  And yes I know you guys are still working on getting a stable version out. 

jjk

There appears to be a bug Joomla 1.7.1 (not VirtueMart). I just had the problem too, that a Joomla extension told me "Installed successfully" but never showed up in the extension menu. Apparently J1.7.1 sometimes doesn't handle the extension and menu ids correctly. After uninstalling the component, I had to delete the component entries in the J1.7.1 Extensions and Menu tables manually, before another attempt to install the component also displayed the menu item for the component.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations