News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[solved & fixed]VirtueMart Categories Layout: Empty Title tag

Started by milstan, October 10, 2011, 13:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milstan

2.0.0-RC-2H:

Menu item type VirtueMart ยป VirtueMart Categories Layout. No matter what I write in Page Display Options > Browser Page Title, the title tag on that page is empty.

<title></title>

jjk

That's not a bug. Probably you guys forgot to select the correct category under 'Required Settings' - 'Select a category' (your VirtueMart category) on the same page where you try to enter a title in the 'Page display options'. Once you have done this, the title tag for the VM2 category will be generated. However, if you try to enter a page title in the 'Page display options' anyway, it will have no effect, because it doesn't make sense to have two different page titles in the page source code (unless you want to confuse the search engines).  ;)
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

milstan

When for Select a Category drop-down I select "Top Level Category", the title tag is empty. Where do we enter title of the top level category?

I guess when "Top Level Category" is selected, the title tag should be store name. But it's not case. It's empty.

jjk

I'm not shure if it makes sense to have a title tag for the 'VirtueMart Categories Layout' layout makes sense, since it is basically just a "Menu with Images" providing the links to individual categories. If you assign 'VirtueMart Category Layout' (i.e a single category named "Books") to a menu item, you should select "Books" from the category dropdown. Besides generating the "Books" title for you, it also determines which category layout will be loaded, which is important if you customize your category layouts.

If you think the 'Top Level Category' should show the store name, you may post that as a feature request.

milstan

Of course it should not be empty, it was not empty in VM 1.1. Whenever you make software that creates any page with empty title tag, this should fixed.

BTW, list of categories page is very useful as it shows all features of your store (root category).

jjk

I just noticed that "Electrocity" has fixed/added the missing title tag to the SVN trunk a few minutes ago. So the store name will be included in the next update.  ;)

Studio 42

Hi all,
Added to SVN code !
now you have <title>YOUJOOMLAPAGETITLE</title>
and <meta content="YOUJOOMLAPAGETITLE" name="title">

Patrick

cas

It works for VirtueMart Categories Layout, but not for VirtueMart Category Layout.   I have "Top Level Category" selected.   The Browser Page Title is blank.   I'm using VM2.0.0
Check it out here: https://www.hairextensionsfair.com/shop

cas

This is NOT Solved.  Just updated to VM2.0.1.d and this still does not work for VirtueMart Default Layout and VirtueMart Category Layout.  When I enter something in the menu Page Display Options > Browser Page Title, it does not display as the website browser page title. 

cas

cas

Updated to VM2.0.6 and this still does not work for VirtueMart Default Layout and VirtueMart Category Layout.  When I enter something in the menu Page Display Options > Browser Page Title, it does not display as the website browser page title. 

Axis

I had the same problem, with a menu item of type "VirtueMart Categories Layout".
The menu item opens a category with 3 sub-categories and my title page was the category name.

I went to: components\com_virtuemart\views\categories\view.html.php

and changed the code from this:
if ($category->category_name) $document->setTitle($category->category_name);
to this:
if ($category->customtitle) $document->setTitle($category->customtitle);

and it worked fine.

Hope i helped

George.

cas

Updated to VM2.0.20b and it still does not work for VirtueMart Category Layout.  When I enter something in the menu Page Display Options > Browser Page Title, it does not display as the website browser page title.