Install problems VM2RCd with all joomla versions, and RC2c problems

Started by nflmerch, August 17, 2011, 23:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nflmerch

Hi, I've had a working site with joomla 1.5 and VM1.1.5 for some time now.

I'm testing the latest VMRC2d on the same server and having problems installing.
I have tried installing it on all joomla versions 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7.  Each time the error is "Unable to find install package".
The RC2c files installs correctly.
However, with joomla 1.5 and RC2c, I get the "COM_VIRTUEMART_MEDIA_NO_PATH_TYPE" error and the test product images don't display even though they point to the correct filepath.
And with joomla 1.6 and 1.5, and RC2c, I get a SQL error when doing a product search:

sortSearchOrder Error in query SELECT * FROM `#__virtuemart_products` WHERE ( `#__virtuemart_products`.`published`="1" AND ( ) ) group by `#__virtuemart_products`.`virtuemart_product_id`
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') ) group by `jos_virtuemart_products`.`virtuemart_product_id`' at line 1 SQL=SELECT * FROM `jos_virtuemart_products` WHERE ( `jos_virtuemart_products`.`published`="1" AND ( ) ) group by `jos_virtuemart_products`.`virtuemart_product_id`

The search works properly with joomla 1.7 and RC2c, however the Best Sales module and Featured module makes the page not load at all.
I also tried the latest version of the VM1.1.9 e-commerce bundle.    It gave me a SQL error during installation after I entered database info:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET `utf8`' at line 29 SQL=CREATE TABLE `jos_banner` ( `bid` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, `cid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `type` varchar(30) NOT NULL default 'banner', `name` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `alias` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `imptotal` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `impmade` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `clicks` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `imageurl` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '', `clickurl` varchar(200) NOT NULL default '', `date` datetime default NULL, `showBanner` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `checked_out` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `checked_out_time` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00', `editor` varchar(50) default NULL, `custombannercode` text, `catid` INTEGER UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, `description` TEXT NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `sticky` TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, `ordering` INTEGER NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, `publish_up` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00', `publish_down` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00', `tags` TEXT NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `params` TEXT NOT NULL DEFAULT '', PRIMARY KEY (`bid`), KEY `viewbanner` (`showBanner`), INDEX `idx_banner_catid`(`catid`) ) TYPE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET `utf8`

Milbo

Please apologize,  this problems shoud be solved with the next release. The reason is that we had to change the config loading due j1.7.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

nflmerch

Thanks for the response. 
I did solve some of the issues.  The "Unable to find install package" was due to my upload_max_filesize being too low.  Stupid me, I knew that.
But I still do get the search errors. I am looking forward to the next release.
Thanks