News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Need a Pro to fix my online site, its too slow...

Started by silica, April 19, 2011, 17:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silica

Hi, I have a site with almos 1000 products... and my MYSQL database is over 100mb... so site is slow.. why does virtuemart make such a big database???
Anyway.. can anyone make my site go fast, fix this problem? Send me a quote and ill reply.

Thanks
Robert

excelc

100 MB database is too big for 1000 products. For example, we support a book store has more than 130.000 products, database size is only 50 MB.

I think, Somethings are wrong in your site

PRO

beachy

I had a similar problem about a year ago and I traced my problem back to a poorly written add on. It is worth disabling your add ons one by one as well to see if you see a significant speed difference.

I have around 1,500 products and my database is 4mb for reference
_______
Joomla 2.5.11 Virtuemart 2.0.22
Apache 2.2.24 PHP 5.4.13
Hosted By RochenHost.com - MVS

silica

Thanks for replies, my URL is http://www.silica.nu

And I checked the thumbnails sizes as I saw on other forums that you have to resize them... but Virtuemart already have done that... total the images and thumbnails is 21mb... How can the database be so big??

Thanks
Robert

PRO

excelc

check your database tables size. Which table size is too big. Maybe this say you something.