News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Fix Checkout and Browse problems

Started by VDecorateYourDesk, March 31, 2011, 06:29:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDecorateYourDesk

Hi there,

I am looking for someone to fix the checkout process on my website and to fix an issue when selecting a "browse by" option.

Both problems redirect to the home page.

www.decorateyourdesk.com

lowmips

I see you're using SEF..it would guess that it is an SEF issue.

I'm not available to help...just trying to give you somewhere to start looking.

Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

VDecorateYourDesk

Hey all,

In the shopping cart page clicking "update" or "remove" WILL update the cart to what I want - however, I'm still redirected to the homepage.

I've tried every fix I could find in the forums- changing $action_url = $mm_action_url.basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']); to where I want it to go, changing form action="'. $action_url .'" to form action="#" and changing method="post" to method="get", plus I've tried combinations of these fixes.

It's not a SEF URL issue. The rest of the checkout process works fine. I think it's a redirect issue. I can't figure out where to change this redirect so it stays on the same page.

I've even checked out the itemid fixes.... everything in the VM forums that I could find. I'd really love some help with this.

Joseph Kwan

Yes. It is 99% a SEF issue. Probably a wrong setting in the config.
PM me if you still need help.
Joomla/VM Upgrade Services. Problems with your migration? We can help.
Custom extensions to VM. Performance Tuning. Template modifications and advices.
Pay service to make VM work according to your needs. Your Joomla/VM solutions are just a PM away.

VDecorateYourDesk

What I ended up doing for this was hard coding the site URL to the shopping cart into that action section.
$action_url = "shopping-cart-URL";

Do you know if this could cause any problems elsewhere because now I'm having a problem with the redirection of the checkout when a new user registers.

Thanks for your help!!