News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Revamped Pepper-Passion site

Started by Bruce Morgan, March 01, 2011, 19:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Morgan

Our revamped web site at wwww.pepper-passion.com was made live yesterday.  We are still making tweaks and content improvements and welcome feedback from anyone who cares to have a look and respond.  The major changes were as follows:

1.  Dropped our old custom template and adopted the Rocket Theme Zephyr template customized for our needs.
2.  We placed the primary menu along the top and gave it a tiered structure incorporating the shop pages into this menu structure.
3.  Added the Yagendoo product image categories module.
4.  Revised the product listing so all products that differ only in size option have a parent/child structure with separate add to cart boxes for each size.  Other products retain their attributes structure as before.
5.  We needed to update our VM theme so we adopted the VM white theme and changed a few icon images and imprlemnted some of the tax calulation hacks from the previous site.

We are very happy with the result.  If you also like it please click the Facebook "Like" button.

Bruce
www.pepper-passion.com

PRO

looks good

shop for peppercorns link looks like this
&page=shop.browse&category_id=1&Itemid=200024

the amp is there once you click it

PRO

1 more thing. when you click the links in the menu, and the feature module, you cannot tell the page changes because the content is below the feature module

Bruce Morgan

Sorry, but I do not quite follow your comments.  As regrds the first one, we were forced to turn off SEF for the VM pages because there seems to be a conflict between VM 1.1.7 and sh404SEF, or is there another problem with the link URL?

I am not quite sure what you mean by the feature module.  Hope you can elaborate on both points.

Bruce

PRO

Hover over perppercorns, and then click "shop for peppercorns"

Then look at the link
index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=1&Itemid=200024

and I mean you have to scroll down to see content upon clicking a menu link.

Bruce Morgan

Okay, I understand that you ned to scroll down.  What is wrong with the link?

Bruce

PRO

Quote from: Bruce Morgan on March 01, 2011, 21:49:37 PM
Okay, I understand that you ned to scroll down.  What is wrong with the link?

this &   is supposed to be this &

& is the way its encoded in the html for UTF-8

cinr11

Banquet I have the same thing on my site. It because the SEF is OFF but when I change it to Yes the website doesn't look right. Any idea of fix? Thanks

PRO

it is not due to sef being off

Mine isnt like that. I have not used sef before

look in the menu item, and see if it has & instead of &

& converts to & in code only

Bruce Morgan

Okay, now I understand what you mean.  If the link works, why worry about it?  Clean code in nice but I am not sure if I have the luxury of being a purist in those matters. The links were created by Joomla and they work.  End of isse as far as I am concerned.

Bruce

camillaconz

nice clean web.
the gallery isn't working though.

Bruce Morgan

Thanks for the heads up.  I think we lost track of ourselves.  We are still struggling to make the site look good in Internet Explorer.

Bruce