News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Update Cart Project - Please respond if you can help us

Started by blousteau, February 05, 2011, 00:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blousteau

On our site we are selling several fixed products, but one is not a fixed price, to make matters worse the user has to request the item and we give them a price. 

Here are the details of that item.

Document Copies  0.00
Pricing is 1.00 per page  (custom attrib extended attribute)
certified per document no = 0.00  yes = 2.00 (custom attrib extended attribute)

Users fill out a document copy request form (from RSFORM PRO) with all the information we need to pull the document and count the pages.  Then we would like to be able to update the users cart with the total and they can either pay for the item or delete the item from their cart if they do not want to purchase the item. 

We have an in house development team buy they are not farmiliar with virtue mart, and have created a .net application that reads the users cart from the vm_cart table and adds our stuff to what is alread in the cart, and places it back in the users cart.  So that way when the user logs in their cart is updated with the cost of the documents they requested.  We are using custom attributes extended to be able to update the cost of the items based on how many pages there are. 

It works, but it will blow up the users cart if the user is logged in when we do the update, and for some reason it will randomly blow up the users cart if we update the string with them not logged in.  The application is doing the update with a direcet conneciton the mysql database. 

I would love to have  as part of our site a place where the office workers could go in and update the users cart with the requested items without a seperate installed app.  I would also like for it to not blow up the cart!!!!!

If you can help us with the development of this feature for virtuemart please give me a call  or email.  Here is my contact info.  Bert Lousteau  Director of IT, Louisiana Court of Appeal First Circuit   blousteau@la-fcca.org  225-413-6638