News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Need modification to search function & timestamp fix

Started by nflmerch, January 11, 2011, 23:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nflmerch

I have a few issues with my Joomla/Virtuemart that I believe to be quick fixes. Willing to Paypal to cover the cost of time.

1). The search function does not work for plural words. For example, if a customer types in "hats" there are no results, even though my store has lots of hats. A search for "hat" brings up the correct results.

2). My Order Date is not showing up on any orders, on the front end or the back end, in the order receipts, confirmation emails, nor in the order history. The date is just completely blank.

I am running VM 1.1.5 and Joomla! 1.5.2 on Microsoft IIS 7.5.
My test site is www.teammerch.com .
I have tested the date stamp function on my server by creating a seperate php page and it works correctly, but does not work within VM. I believe it has not worked since I first tested the site, before adding any modules.
I have checked the mySQL databases and they are correctly capturing the order date and storing it in the database (cdate?).
I have not changed any of the code nor the Store Date Format in Admin>Store>Edit Store.
This is especially strange to me considering each area where the order date is printed (i.e. confirmation emails or back-end order history) has a seperate function to call the date and time, and none of them work. I even have the ccVMDashboard installed, which seems to have a completely seperate function requesting the cdate field in the database, but the Order Date still shows as blank.
As for the search fuction, The Joomla search has the functionality I need, so this could be an easy fix if I could find the code to edit the virtuemart search query.
I have both the Joomla search and the Virtuemart search running on my test site.
A Joomla search for "hats" (or anything plural) returns the desired results.
A Virtuemart search for "hats" (plural) in the same shop returns zero results.
A Virtuemart search for "hat" (singular) returns the desired results.

Thanks for any help.