News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Need help adding additional media/images

Started by Guitar Asylum, December 11, 2010, 22:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitar Asylum

Hey all,

We're in need of someone to get us past a problem we've been having. The problem is as follows:

We sell high end guitars and need to have multiple images of many in-stock guitars. It's important that we can keep the images in sub-directories under the default /product/ image folder, because we need to use the images for different applications and we have way too many for one folder.

Using CSVI to import the products has worked beautifully, but using the product files import function has been an issue. It seems to link the full size images fine and it even allows for the images to be converted to thumbs and put in their own sub-directory (ex. product/prs/prs-instock/resized/thumb.jpg).

This is all great and exactly what we want. The problem is on the flypage - it looks for the thumb image in /product/thumb.jpg (FWIW clicking on the single pixel where the thumb should be but isn't causes the lightbox to work perfectly). Honestly, it doesn't really matter where the thumbs end up, but we need the full size images in sub-directories, and the flypages need to have all the thumbs.

I hope I described this with enough detail, but if more is required, I'll obviously be happy to help.

Please PM me or email dj[at]guitarasylum.com and we can discuss payment.

Thanks in advance.

Guitar Asylum

If this helps at all - we actually have a decent way to create thumbnails and have no problem uploading them manually, if there were a way to link them to the full size images. For example, for every full size image (fullsize.jpg), we already have a thumb named fullsize-tn.jpg.

Maybe there would be a way for virtuemart to simply recognize the extension -tn.jpg as a thumb?

Still looking to pay someone for a solution!