News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

No Tax being addd to shipping costs

Started by jimedgar, September 14, 2010, 15:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimedgar

Hi all,

I am using version 1.1.5 with EU Tax mode. I have added a Tax Rate to my shipping costs. My shop is based in the UK. EU tax mode working fine except for the following problem.

VAT is not being added to shipping costs where it should be. VAT is being added to products.

I have looked through the forums and understand that a fix was added to account for a previous bug based on no state being selected. I have also tried changing country zones but no joy.

Can anyone please help.  Thank you

jimedgar

Banquet Tables Pro,

Thank you for your reply. I have already added Tax to my shipping methods.

I should also state that I am using the Standard Shipping Module

jimedgar

Banquet Tables Pro,

Thank you again. I have read this post which says that that there may be issues relating to zones and /or  states. The post relates to VM 1.1.4 and VM 1.1.3

Is this still an issue with VM 1.1.5 , standard shipping module and applying tax to shipping?

Thank you again

PRO

I dont add tax to shipping, and I dont have experience with it at all

jimedgar

Banquet Tables Pro,

Sorry, but did you even read my original post???

AH

Is it not working for you after doing what I said?
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

jimedgar

Andrew,

Thank you very much for your help.

Yes it did work, almost!!!!

Tax on shipping is now being added, but it also adds tax for EUVATID registered companies when it should not....i.e A company in France with a valid EUVATID does not pay tax on the product, but pays tax on shipping. in fact everyone pays shipping Tax wherever they are.

Very close...but

If you think that you can sort this out in the PHP back end please pm me. I have a client that needs this to work for real. I can get them to pay for sorting it, otherwise Virtuemart does not seem to be a viable solution.

I know that this is a "free" product, but I am surprised that for a shopping module it does not handle the very basics like Tax which is fundamental for businesses.

Otherwise I think Virtuemart does very very well.... a shame really

Thank you again for your time and help, it is much appreciated.

Jim

AH

Which element are you having difficulty with,

Tax on the products for EUVATID customers
Tax on shipping

Both?
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

jimedgar

Andrew

Everything is working almost perfectly.

The only problem is that shipping VAT is being added to EU customers outwith the UK with a valid EUVATID

These customers should not be paying any tax

If I could get a fix for this all would be well

Thank you again for responding

zetmute

Sorry for my english. But do you have resolved for your last post .

Thanks