News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

only error on invalid credit card number

Started by mowlman, July 07, 2010, 16:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mowlman

I am only getting an error if the credit card number is invalid. It seems to ignore all other fields.

Example,

1. I enter invalid name, card number Credit Card Security Code, date
I get the invalid credit card number.

2. I enter a correct credit card number, and invalid junk in all other fields and I am taken to the Complete order page... no errors are displayed.

I expected to see AVS mismatch or some kind of error for the other fields?

Anyone have any ideas?

More info... after several days searching all of the forums.
I verified that I am Not in Test mode, and I have the Show Response Codes for Failed Transactions turned ON. Also been looking through the manual for any answers.

It appears I can leave name blank and put anything I want in for Security code, and I am taken to the confirm order page. 

Right now the user thinks the order went through, but really authorizenet has errors.

Anyone have validation on the payment page?
How do you handle the authorizeNet errors, getting the feedback to the user.

efocus

I am having the same problem on one of my clients' VM 1.1.4 sites. The following sites are both live (not in testing mode) and "Show Response Codes for Failed Transactions" is on.

1. If I enter any invalid information, including the credit card number, I don't get an error message -- not even an invalid credit card number error. VM appears to process something and just stays on the current page leaving the customer wondering why nothing happened.

However, I have different client whose VM does produce an invalid card error message appropriately. I do not believe other errors can be trapped here. I think Authorize.net processing occurs when "Confirm Order" is clicked.

2. If I enter a correct credit card number but junk in other fields and click "Next>>", I am also taken to the Confirm Order page. When I click "Confirm Order", I get a confirmation page that my order has been successfully placed but shouldn't be. I also get an email confirmation of my order. Sheesh!

After clicking "Next>>" on my other client's VM site, I am still taken to the Confirm Order page. But, after clicking the "Confirm Order" button, an appropriate error message occurs (AVS mismatch in this case), and the order does not complete.

The only difference between these two sites is that the one that doesn't work is based on the Beez template and the one that works is based on the Rhuk Milkyway  template. I am wondering if this is a clue as I can find no other difference.