News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM/First Data Integration

Started by destinshines, May 24, 2010, 21:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

destinshines

My client uses First Data as their merchant processor.  I need someone who can build a payment module to integrate this with virtuemart. Please send me a private message if interested.

Thanks!

mlipscomb

Does FD have their own Gateway?

destinshines

I believe so. I believe they call it global payment gateway or yourpay.com.

PRO

i dont know of a FD module.

BUT all gateways support First data.

Erik P

I think we recently did do linkpoint somewhere on a site.
http://sankuru.biz. Software services. Customizing and fixing Virtuemart installations.

Erik P

Yes, I just checked. In January, we fiddled with the linkpoint payment module (First Data), and fixed a few nasty issues that prevented this old stuff from working out of the box:

Error: Failure in Processing the Payment (ps_linkpoint)

First, wrong location of the .pem file.

Next, missing config file:
"SGS-020005: Error (Merchant config file is missing, empty or cannot be read)."

Also had to add an extra config parameter to switch between test/live mode.

And then we got lots of these:
Error: SGS-005003: The order already exists in the database.

Because linkpoint stores unique order numbers for both test and live mode together. So, if you run a test order which happen to have the same number as one of your next live orders, you get hit with this error again. So, we had to add a random suffix to the order number to work around the problem.

Lots of emails back and forth with their helpdesk :-)

But now it works absolutely fine.

If you need someone to do some babysitting on your linkpoint (First Data) integration, until it works, feel free to send me an email at: erik@sankuru.biz. Been there, done that.
http://sankuru.biz. Software services. Customizing and fixing Virtuemart installations.

ayo

Hi Erik,

Hopefully you can help me.  My client uses FirstData, and I manually have been going into their Global Gateway to process credit cards.  I am rebuilding their site in Joomla with Virtuemart, and am really stuck.  I haven't been able to figure out how to integrate First Data, or any other payment gateways to save my life.  I've never done e-commerce before, so this is like learning Chinese for me.  And First Data has been no help.

So, is there a payment module for First Data?  And if so, where do I find it, and how do I integrate into Virtuemart?  Then, how do I build a functional credit card form on the site to work with it??

And I am open to the option of changing to another payment gateway as well, just not PayPal (my employer flat out doesn't like it, and I don't have the time or energy to try to convince him otherwise).

Please, Erik, or anyone out there who can help me make this functional so I can get this site up already, I would be happy to throw you a nice tip if you can take the time to walk my through this.

I appreciate any help!

stuffdone

Quote from: Erik P on May 27, 2010, 17:50:02 PM
Yes, I just checked. In January, we fiddled with the linkpoint payment module (First Data), and fixed a few nasty issues that prevented this old stuff from working out of the box:

First, wrong location of the .pem file.

Next, missing config file:
"SGS-020005: Error (Merchant config file is missing, empty or cannot be read)."

Also had to add an extra config parameter to switch between test/live mode.

And then we got lots of these:
Error: SGS-005003: The order already exists in the database.

Because linkpoint stores unique order numbers for both test and live mode together. So, if you run a test order which happen to have the same number as one of your next live orders, you get hit with this error again. So, we had to add a random suffix to the order number to work around the problem.

Lots of emails back and forth with their helpdesk :-)

But now it works absolutely fine.

If you need someone to do some babysitting on your linkpoint (First Data) integration, until it works, feel free to send me an email at: erik@sankuru.biz. Been there, done that.

"Because linkpoint stores unique order numbers for both test and live mode together. So, if you run a test order which happen to have the same number as one of your next live orders, you get hit with this error again. So, we had to add a random suffix to the order number to work around the problem."

So how is this done?