News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

www.booksthailand.com

Started by cyril.boudon, March 22, 2010, 10:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyril.boudon

www.booksthailand.com is an online bookstore for second hand books in Thailand.

celestialcitizen

Hi

I would like to know how did you do the search box in your site ?

cyril.boudon

Hi,

First I added some custom fields to the database and altered some Virtuemart codes to add the product criteria, then I mixed the Joomla search module with the Virtuemart search module, modified the default Virtuemart search criteria to only search in the Book Title, Author name and surname then I adjusted my css to add my custom Virtuemart search box where was the original Joomla search box.

Cheers,

Cyril

celestialcitizen

Thanks, can I get back to you in case i need some help

TonyG

Hi

Nice clean site but I found the add to cart button is not showing in IE8, Firefox 3.6.2 and also Safari 4.0.4. The same problem with the quantity up and down buttons.

Find a screen shot attached

[attachment cleanup by admin]

cyril.boudon

Hi celestialcitizen, yes you can if needed, no problem.

Cheers,

Cyril

cyril.boudon

HI TonyG,

Thanks a lot for your comment, an update should come in a few days as this is a version 1 and the site had to go live this time. I am currently working on browser compatibility for the v.2 that should be live at the end of the week if everything is going well.

Cheers,

Cyril

halocrew2003

I love your site. Im currently in the process of making one for my church and I saw a feature,addon or customization that i liked . I would like to know what you did to get the results page to look like this. (image Attached) I want the look of the way its layed out and wanted my church website to look like it if any one knows it would me most helpful. thanks in advance.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

cyril.boudon

Hi halocrea2003,

Thank you for your comment,

To customize the browse page, I changed the html structure of browse1.php and adjust my css to position my elements same as they are. Regarding the right module it is the random module and I change the css to add some style and change the button with css styling to add it.

Cheers,

Cyril

uglyfashion

Hey great site.  You should put some pictures under the categories.

cyril.boudon

HI uglyfashion,

Thank you for your suggestion and comment, I will add a new Books review module under the categories but I didn't finish the customization yet. Please check again in a couple of days and tell me what you think about it.

Cheers,

Cyril

cyril.boudon

Hello udtek1,

Thank you for your review but what do you mean about you hope the whole page can move together?

Best regards,

Cyril

andy91

Hi

any chance you can post the code changes you made to to create the custom search module? Im trying to do a similar thing but search by title, author, ISBN which are all added as product type parameters.