News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Just went live...LED Lights

Started by Twreck, February 28, 2010, 06:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twreck

Today was the big day.  LED Lights Canada went live a few hours ago.  There were several issues that came up that I was able to find answers to on this forum.  Thanks to all who contribute.

I would appreciate it if you took a look and let me know what you think.
http://ledlightscanada.com

Still a few tweaks I am looking for answers to but it is up and it works.
Thanks all...
Harvey

LED Lights Canada

Joomla 1.5.15
Vitruemart 1.1.4

jenkinhill

Looks good to me & appears to work OK. Clean colours.

As with many LED sites I'd like more technical info, and like to see straight off if I need a constant voltage or constant current for a particular light unit. But that's because I'm into tech....
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

cmb

That site may not be rendering as you intend on all browsers. First fix all the CSS errors. Then I suggest adjusting the some colors for additional contrast. The #585C5C color on a #000000 background is difficult to read.

Change the page titles. I've been using the Title Manager extension.

You might also play with the positioning. If possible, the main text of the page should be viewable without vertical scrolling. You might push some material over to the right and left columns.
Charles

Twreck

Thanks for the comments.  I am still tweaking the site. I have changed a few colours and do think they look easier to read.  Page titles will be changed as the site gets optimized for SEO.
Not sure what "fix all the CSS errors refers to.  Could you be more specific if you see something that needs attention.  I would really appreciate it.
Thanks
Harvey

LED Lights Canada

Joomla 1.5.15
Vitruemart 1.1.4

Painterman

Twreck, hi, well I have just been through your new site and it seems to work in all the browsers that I use.
I haven't tried it in a text browser yet, on the wrong computer, but it works fine for me.
I really am picky but there isn't much I could pick out of your site.
Well done...
Life's too short so live it.

Twreck

Thanks Painterman, it has been a challenge at times but well worth it.  Virtuemart offers so much more than my other shopping cart software it took awhile to "get it".  Still a few things I want to do but can't find answers...yet.
Harvey

LED Lights Canada

Joomla 1.5.15
Vitruemart 1.1.4

cmb

Quote from: Twreck on March 03, 2010, 09:03:15 AM
Not sure what "fix all the CSS errors refers to.
The quickest way to find the errors is to use a validator. For the cascading style sheet use: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

Then for each page of your site use http://validator.w3.org/ to find the HTML errors.

I also recommend the Web Developer and Firebug add-ons for the Firefox browser. (The Developer Tools function in Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 is good too. Just hit the F12 key.)
Charles

cmb

Quote from: cmb on March 03, 2010, 01:58:32 AM
If possible, the main text of the page should be viewable without vertical scrolling.

To show what your visitors see when a page first loads, use http://browsersize.googlelabs.com/
Charles

mercomarine

The cost savings calculator is nifty. You might want to add some borders or coloring or something to make it a little easier to understand. 

I left you a comment. Please leave one for me for www.mercoboatdocks.com. A lot of people are telling me its not easy to navigate, any ideas?
Joomla Version 1.5.23
VirtueMart 1.1.9 stable
Apache: 1.3.42
MySQL 5.0.91
PHP: 5.2.5
phpMyAdmin 3.3.10.2

Twreck

cmb,
Thanks for the links.  I will take a look and see what I can do to clean it up.  Appreciate the feedback.

Harvey
Harvey

LED Lights Canada

Joomla 1.5.15
Vitruemart 1.1.4

lightsavers

Interesting site. How are your ecommerce sales doing though online in comparison to your offline sales?
Passionate about LED Lighting. Check out www,lightsavers.co.za for more.