News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Sticker Supplies

Started by Sticker_Supplies, February 26, 2010, 17:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sticker_Supplies

Hi - I have just created my first VirtueMart shop - based on Zeolite template.
www.cateringstickersupplies.co.uk
and was hoping for some comments/feedback before I add too many more products.
Selling stickers for catering trailers, ice cream vans, cafes, etc.
many thanks for your time.

jenkinhill

Looks good to me. All I'd change is the star rating on the browse page, but that is a personal preference, especially when nobody has "voted"..
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Sticker_Supplies

Many thanks for taking the time to comment.
I shall carrying on adding products and building it up.

I have removed star rating as you suggested.

Many thanks Nigel

PRO

looks great, if you were in the US I could give you some business

mercomarine

Looks nice and works great! One quick thought: on the home page on the right side bottom position you have your "guarantee" image. Might be nice to link that to your "http://www.cateringstickersupplies.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=53" page. You also might want to look into a SEF plugin to make your virtuemart URLS more search engine friendly. (im using ARTIO joomSEF)

I left you a comment. Please leave one for me for www.mercoboatdocks.com. A lot of people are telling me its not easy to navigate, any ideas?
Joomla Version 1.5.23
VirtueMart 1.1.9 stable
Apache: 1.3.42
MySQL 5.0.91
PHP: 5.2.5
phpMyAdmin 3.3.10.2

jenkinhill

Quote from: mercomarine on March 03, 2010, 22:28:51 PMYou also might want to look into a SEF plugin to make your virtuemart URLS more search engine friendly. (im using ARTIO joomSEF)

Google (and other SEs) have no problem indexing dynamic urls although for the site user they may be more cosmetic and easier to follow - but how many site users look at the address bar except to check if they are in secure (ssl) mode? More important than using SEF is having a sitemap.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mercomarine

QuoteGoogle (and other SEs) have no problem indexing dynamic urls although for the site user they may be more cosmetic and easier to follow - but how many site users look at the address bar except to check if they are in secure (ssl) mode? More important than using SEF is having a sitemap.

This is a direct quote in response to your reply from our SEO company:
QuoteIndexing isn't the issue, ranking is. SEF URLs have always been easier to rank than dynamic URLs.
Joomla Version 1.5.23
VirtueMart 1.1.9 stable
Apache: 1.3.42
MySQL 5.0.91
PHP: 5.2.5
phpMyAdmin 3.3.10.2

jenkinhill

Yes, lots of different views about it, though. I just prefer to take Google's advice. http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2008/09/dynamic-urls-vs-static-urls.html
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

PRO

Quote from: mercomarine on March 04, 2010, 17:07:23 PM
QuoteGoogle (and other SEs) have no problem indexing dynamic urls although for the site user they may be more cosmetic and easier to follow - but how many site users look at the address bar except to check if they are in secure (ssl) mode? More important than using SEF is having a sitemap.

This is a direct quote in response to your reply from our SEO company:
QuoteIndexing isn’t the issue, ranking is. SEF URLs have always been easier to rank than dynamic URLs.

I dont use SEF urls, and I have many #1 spots. I would say I have 5000 plus #1 spots with only 300 products.