News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Virtuemart development

Started by martin77, January 28, 2010, 10:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin77

Dear Virtuemart crew,

I was wondering what is going on with the development of virtuemart, because I know there is a new team, and a release of a new version. But since the frontpage news about the search for new crew members, I haven't seen any updates about the development? I think more people are not sure about the development of virtuemart. You might want to inform the readers of this forum about the progress made?

(if this is posted on the forum, I'm sorry, couldn't find it ::) )
btw: are you still looking for beta testers? because I could help with that, if needed  :)

bass28

We are currently in heavy development of release 1.5.0.  This release involves converting all the old code which is a large task.  We are starting to see the "light at the end of the tunnel" but are not ready to give any release dates. 

This release is mainly just a conversion of the code but does include a few new things.  The VM team is excited about this release as it will give us a good foundation which will allow faster turnarounds on features and fixes.

Hang in there....we have our noses to the grindstone!

simovina

bass28 thank you for this info, hopefully you will bring soon new rewritten version, as users we would like to be more up to date with your work.
Do you receive donations as VM team? I did couple in past but now I can't locate donation button on your site? It might be the way to speed you up with donations if possible...

MikeUK

And don't forget that 'the development of Virtuemart' can be a number of things, not just what the core dev team do. Many users make their own customizations (or have them done) to make Virtuemart better for them.
Get answers faster:
    [li]
Search forum. You might find answer[/li]
[li]Use existing threads. Keep Q + A consolidated[/li]
[li]Troubleshooting? See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=60033.0[/li]
[li]For admin user manual - http://virtuemart.net/documentation/User_Manual/index.html[/li]
[li]For coding (developer manual) - http://virtuemart.net/documentation/Developer_Manual/index.html[/li][/list]

I can build your online shop, setup or customize Virtuemart or help your existing shop maximize its potential. Email / PM for info

MKI-Miro

but informing peoaple what was done last week is also good :)

simovina

Quote from: MikeUK on February 22, 2010, 12:14:53 PM
... to make Virtuemart better for them.
Just like you said, for them not for us, and core team works for us all, so it's really important to have feedback and also publicly to publish all that's going on, I'm also big supporter of donations politics and believe that all using VM should do donations to push things forward and improve faster development.

buckman

i really like the idea of donations politics and i think its a good platform for giving your comments related to donations politics

martin77

That's the way to go! Posting what has been done, and what the prospects are!