News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VM and CSV Improved

Started by findshare, December 16, 2009, 11:34:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

findshare

Can anyone explain why Vm is recommending CSV Improved when they offer no support whatsoever.

Have anyone got an alternativ to bulk upload, not using CSV.

Thanks

PRO

There are other alternatives. They are not very good though.

Are you having a problem with CSV improved?

findshare

I feel theat CSV Improved are forcing users to a scription service by not offering any support. The component is good enough I suppose.

But I would still like to know of any alternatives.

PRO

You are not being forced to use a paid CSV service.

You can always csv insert into MYSQL.

There are other CSV options

YOU WILL NOT FIND A BETTER OPTION THAN CSV IMPROVED

findshare

Yeah, I realise that CSV is probably the best. Just have to bite the bullet and go along with CSV. Afterall I don't really feel like to manually upload 6000 products!!!!

Thanks for the replies anyway.

nonki212

hey
i must say i couldnt manage smothly everything in my joomla or VM via CSV improved.
really for me the best way to deal with massive amount of products is only directly through my database with a program call NAVICAT  for mysql.
since i started working with NAVICAT my life is so easy, not to talk about the sped i am creating web sites and managing them.
i am finishing a project for a friend with massive amount of product, and the company just needed to fill up the exel tables i downloaded from the database and in a click i had all thousands of product online.

i recommend to try NAVICAT for mysql
Adi

RolandD

Quote from: findshare on December 16, 2009, 11:34:56 AM
Can anyone explain why Vm is recommending CSV Improved when they offer no support whatsoever.

Have anyone got an alternativ to bulk upload, not using CSV.

Thanks
I know this post is older but I wanted to reply anyway. The same question was posted in the CSVI VirtueMart forum and I have replied to the user there.
Regards,

RolandD

CSVI
http://www.csvimproved.com/

didge

I agree with nonki212 and second his recommendation of navicat.

CSVI is a fantastic product, very well supported by its author.

In my case I have clients with thousands of products and child products with a large variety of attributes. I have created CSVI templates to handle complex uploads with a variety of success rates but should have spent that time getting to grips with a product which serves the purpose directly.