News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Flooring Site

Started by beachy, December 12, 2009, 21:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beachy

Finally finished a brand new Virtuemart/Joomla site - http://www.puretree.co.uk

Pure Tree is a complete flooring resource whether you are after a brand new floor or you want to revamp your current floor the site offers everything. With a constantly increasing product range we hope to show what can be achieved with Virtuemart!

Comments are welcome!
_______
Joomla 2.5.11 Virtuemart 2.0.22
Apache 2.2.24 PHP 5.4.13
Hosted By RochenHost.com - MVS

tecjosh

Like the simplicty and clean design, had you thought about putting the products in 2 columns?

beachy

Yeah I originally had the products in two columns but there was never enough space to put text + images. Looks good with technology products but for flooring stuff I seemed to struggle!

Thanks for your comments!
_______
Apache 2.2.24 PHP 5.4.13

AngelinaC

Very Nice!  Would like to know more about your left menu.  Did it come with a template?   Thanks!
joomla 2.5.4 / VM 2.0.2

Laus

Nice one beachy, looks great!

Angelina, I think the 'sportstheme' template from joomla designs has this menu if you are looking for it.

beachy

Thanks everyone!

The menu on the left is just the standard virtuemart product categories module I have just shown it on everypage to look like a static menu!
_______
Apache 2.2.24 PHP 5.4.13

AngelinaC

Quote from: Laus on February 02, 2010, 19:39:23 PM

Angelina, I think the 'sportstheme' template from joomla designs has this menu if you are looking for it.

Hi Laus,

Do you know a link for the company?  Search is coming up with thousands of similar and not the thing!

thank you! 

a.
joomla 2.5.4 / VM 2.0.2

AngelinaC

Hey!  Thanks!  I tried joomladesigns.com but just got some funky  little stuff -  I prefer the paid ones with support!  I appreciate your getting back to me!

It's the "shop by brand"  thing I was interested in.  I'll have to get back to the docs.  I don't know how to get that feature.  I think I was hoping it just came out of the box!  :o

Real nice site Beachy!

joomla 2.5.4 / VM 2.0.2

beachy

The shop by brand is done through the standard virtuemart categories. Top one being Shop By Brand. The only problem with using this method is the number of categories you have to enter each product into! But it is the easiest way I could think of!

Good luck with your site!
_______
Apache 2.2.24 PHP 5.4.13

AngelinaC

So you entered brand names in the same way you created regular categories?   

I'm still new at this...
joomla 2.5.4 / VM 2.0.2

beachy

Yeah that was the easiest way for me to create the site as I wanted it!
_______
Apache 2.2.24 PHP 5.4.13

beachy

Just wanted to thank everyone for their feedback on the site!

I have taken on all of the comments and have now realeased Pure Tree Version 2.

I would really appreciate some feedback!

_______
Apache 2.2.24 PHP 5.4.13