News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Variable SKU code for each attribute

Started by marktplaner, December 08, 2009, 12:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marktplaner

We have the following problem: We are working on a Virtuemart-Shop. Due to the several attributes like color, paper grade or dimension the price but also the SKU should change. By simple attributes the SKU stays always the same no matter which attributes are selected. We know we can use parent- and childproducts. But then there will be one huge drop down list and not, as we would prefer, single dropdown-lists for each attribute.

This is what we like to have as solution: For each product a basic SKU is specified (i.e. "ab123-"). There should be another textfield under "productstatus" next to the already existing attribute-fields, so we can enter a variable in this textfield (i.e. "r" for color, "a115" for paper grade and "a2" for dimension). This variable is added to the basic SKU, so there is a final SKU like "ab123-ra115a2" which appears in the checkout etc.

Please kindly send us an offer for coding of this function with exact description of the necessary timeframe.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

celestialcitizen

what version of virtuemart and joomla are you using ?

marktplaner

celestialcitizen

Let's say we have a variable SKU as you wanted

When a user places an order the variable SKU will be stored in your order_item_sku in jos_vm_order_item table ?
How will you decipher that ? Will you do it manually ?

Meanwhile I am not an expert, but I will try and figure out the solution you want
and get back to you.

Give me say a week's time

marktplaner

Oh I am not a programmer so I don't know how it has to work. But I think the variable SKU should be stored where the order is stored. It only has to be linked to the individual order. This shall work automatically.

How much will it cost?

celestialcitizen

I will work out the solution and give it to you

If you are satisfied with what I have done, pay me what you feel like  :)

marktplaner

ok let's see what you can do ;) and be sure that you will be payed if we are satisfied

celestialcitizen

hey can you provide those images in English please !!

else I will assume some dummy names and go on  ;)

marktplaner

yes I can. But the extensions should work with every attribute no matter of the name

[attachment cleanup by admin]

celestialcitizen

Ok thank you, that helps.

Today is 9th December.
Give me time till say 16th or 17th December.

by the way I am an Indian, from which place are you ??

you can mail me at celestialcitizen@gmail.com

celestialcitizen

Hey I got it working
But i guess you will have to do extensive testing and get back to me if there are any bugs !!

One more thing, this modified sku var does not show up in the checkout process but shows up in the jos_vm_order_item order_sku feild

if you wanna that to show up in the checkout process as well I will do it.

i will mail you all the necessary files and instructions where to place what

mangoswiss

I would be interested in this. I have contacted you by email.

radianation

simovina

Interesting extension to be done, also some funding could be gathered by all of us for celestialcitizen to get this VM extended functionality.

PoliinoNo

I am actually looking for something very similar if there are any developers interested. Please PM me.