News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Checkout button goes to blank page

Started by Vigilante, November 27, 2009, 22:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vigilante

I've got a new install of VM 1.1.4 and 1.5.14 Joomla. Authorize.net is setup and I have my API and Trans keys. I setup those into VM. All is good and everything "works" up to the point where they view the shopping cart and click "Checkout", all that happens is the page turns blank with this URL in the browser:

http://**removed**/Go-through-checkout-process.html?redirected=1

The page is blank white and there is no source code at all, nothing happens. I've looked through settings everywhere but I can't find the issue. What is supposed to happen here? Does the "redirected=1" mean it is supposed to go to Authorize.net to the secure URL in the settings which is "secure.authorize.net"? Or what? It leaves me no errors, no javascript errors, no server or php errors, I just don't know what's going on. Is there something more to setup on Authorize.net merchant settings?

Any ideas?

salobon

Do you get same page if you get SEFurls turned off?
What is the full url of the blank page (not SEFurl)?

Vigilante

I don't know what the URL would be, it is built in to VM, I can't look up what the page is, to my knowledge.
The whole site runs with SEF URLs, wouldn't it cause issues to turn that off, even for testing? Besides, I'm not turning off SEF for the whole site just to make one component work. I just need to know what should happen here, what other people's checkout buttons do, or where the page is supposed to go.

Vigilante

OK the non SEF URL is:

http://**removed**/index.php?page=checkout.index&ssl_redirect=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=562

salobon

Try to go to checkout while you are logged in and logged out. And tell the results.
When you look through your store items, what itemId do you see in url address? is it 562 as in checkout url that you posted above?

Vigilante

There are about 22 items in the store, nothing goes up to ID 562. And it looks like that ID is in the URL no matter how many products are in the cart or what quantities. The URL remains the same.
I tried it on multiple computers and browsers, logged in and out, same results.

salobon

try checking your file permissions for folder:
/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html
maybe that is the problem
and would be good to check all permissions for virtuemart component in both /administrator/components/ folder and /components/ folder

Vigilante

OK, here is what I've done so far.
I tried the SEF URLs, turned all that off, I had sh404sef installed so I got rid of that, deleted cache, etc... Once all that was done, it still didn't work, at all, even with no URL conversions going on.

Finally I gave up and uninstalled the whole dang cart. Removed all orphan files, folders, and database tables. Made sure there was nothing left. Then I reinstalled again from a fresh download, set the basic settings, created one product and category, and got the SAME thing again! Just white page, no errors, no clues, no checkout. GARRRR!

And last I changed the permissions on those folders, no change.

Thanks for the help so far, I hope we can get this fixed. I suppose the problem goes deeper than the component, maybe it's some random Joomla setting? Another component?
Note that I have another Joomla site with VM on the same shared hosting server and that one works, so it's likely NOT something with the server or PHP settings, etc...

Mister Paul

Hi...

Did you managed it ?
Did you you find the solution ?

I have the same problem...

Thanks
Paul

oskaraz

I have similar problem, but if i reinstalling VM , nothing changes - checkout is not working. Working only firs step. Why ??? i check more time, from different computer - no result

oskaraz

maybe this problem from Joomfish ????  please help.........

Mister Paul

jehanon

same problem here , I get a blank page

upmm019

What is the blank page solution?

I get it on my product details, product info, and shopping cart pages.

offman

del -> $href = $sess->url( $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'].'?page=checkout.index&ssl_redirect=1', true);
                $href2 = $sess->url( $mm_action_url . "/index2.php?page=checkout.index&ssl_redirect=1", true);

and add-> $href = 'your link';