News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Checkout will not send to PayPal on payment selection

Started by cbreninger, October 22, 2009, 06:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbreninger

Been through all the options. Searched topics but not finding similar issue, so it must be me. Need a point in the right direction...

Using Joomla 1.5.14
Upgraded VM 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 (was doing same issue in 1.1.3)
One payment method = PayPal

site url = www.hamskeaarchery.com

Can login. Can add to cart. When get to payment method it does not go to PayPal, fills it in but does not go to PayPal page? 

What should I look at? VM settings or PayPal?

Thanks in advance for help.

LeoX

I have the same problem, and a lot of my customers are complaining. Is there anybody that can help us out?

Lasse

whitezlig

Michelle McClean

Has anyone had any joy with this? I am losing a lot of business due to the same problem.

topgun21

I just upgraded last night and I think I'm getting a similar thing. Go to checkout, the lightbox darkens the screen and then it takes me back to the Account area where I can check my order. Never takes me to PayPal.

wthomas

I've seen a number of people asking for help with this. I have the same issue.

When people check out, it goes to blank/white screen. (In every browser except IE). It's just not redirecting. (I get the impression that it's timing out)

Scar

You all have to give a lot more information on what you have done, versions, how you set this up, type of PayPal account and so on. There are no psychics on this forum as far as I know. Just a simple "doesn't work, anyone know what's wrong" or "same problem here, anyone solved this" is not an error description.

I did set up a site with PayPal a few weeks ago and there was no trouble what so ever, it just worked right out of the box so there is no general problem with VM and PayPal, it has something to do with your specific setup. There is also a lot of users using it.

And the more descriptions we get from you the easier it will be to troubleshoot by finding similarities between the setups. So if one report some details don't just say "I have exactly the same problem" but report your settings as well. That way everybody can help out finding out what is wrong.

Scar

Also, PayPal is a quite big profit-making company with a technical support. Has anyone of you thought about asking them if they have made any changes or might know the cause of your problems? If the problem is on their side it might be very easy for them to tell you what to do.

Scar