News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Configuration/server problem

Started by Bruce Morgan, July 10, 2009, 18:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Morgan

I decided to give this payment module a try since my cc processor does not like most payments oroginalting outside of North America.  I tried to configure the module and received the following error message (which I have never encountered before).  Any ideas about what my next step should be?

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@pepper-passion.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Bruce
www.pepper-passion.com

Contendia

The first step should always be to take a look at the Apache error log.  It will give you more details about the actual error that occurred.  Then you can go from there.  The log is available in the Apache installation directory (usually in a directory named 'logs') and it is usually named error.log.

Hope that helps.

Bruce Morgan

I am not sure how to access the Apache server log so I tried another tactic today. I downloaded the config file and edited it with an HTML editor and the uploaded it back to where it came from.  The weird part is that I could not close the file without getting the same error message. I had to back up one page and then click on another menu link to close it.

I guess it is working now but I still would like to know if anyone has ideas why this might be ocurring.

Bruce
www.pepper-passion.com

Bruce Morgan

I am not getting much traction here and another question/problem has arisen.  I placed a trial order using the paypal payment option and was directed to the paypal site.  The google auto-fill feature would not work so I left to get my credit card.  When I returned I had timed out and was unable to refresh the screen I had before.  Inevitably this will happen to other purchasers.  So if this occurs what does the purchaser do?

Bruce

Bruce Morgan

Got this partly solved.  I logged back inbot my site as a custome and cicked on my pending order and there was a link to continue to Paypal for payment.  It seems to work okay.

Bruce