News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

No ground shipping to residences

Started by acsandy, December 10, 2008, 21:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acsandy

I customer of mine was wondering why ground shipping would not appear as a shipping option even though it was enabled.

After looking into it I found this bit of code in /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/fedex.php starting at line 191:
// If this is a residential delivery, then remove the business option; otherwise, remove the home delivery option.
if($residential_delivery_flag == 'Y') {
$remove = array("92");
$selected_services = array_diff( $selected_services, array("92") );
} else{
$remove = array("90");
$selected_services = array_diff( $selected_services, array("90") );
}

"92" is ground. I looked on Fedex's website and couldn't find any info about an inability to be able to deliver to residences.  Does anyone know why it's coded this way?

jmatz

One thing I'm not clear on: Does the FedEx shipping module discern whether the address is business or home?  I want to make sure that any home delivery surcharge is accounted for, but don't see how this is done for each shipment - there's nothing to trigger this in the request for rate that is sent out to the FedEx server, is there?

Also, if FedEx does not deliver to a P.O. Box, then what flags this if a customer enters a P.O. Box for their shipping address?

The module is working great for me... just not sure if these questions have been addressed / answered.  Couldn't find anything in this thread.

Thanks!

Nick Miletich

FedEx Ground does ship to residences.  So I'm puzzled too.

Nick Miletich

I put in a known business address and FedEx Ground still didn't show up.

If I had to guess I think that FedEx has disabled the "FedEx Ground" shipping product with their legacy API.  It's only a matter of time before all the shipping products with be phased out.  When talking to FedEx tech support he said they use SOAP now.

I say that because I can get 5 of the shipping products but not the only one I care about "FedEx Ground".

foragesf

Im having the same problem. I downloaded fedexdc.php (which is the closest file I have to fedex.php, and couldnt find that line of code.

Nick Miletich

If it's not here: /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/fedex.php

Then you might want to download the newest version of Virtuemart. Currently, it's version 1.1.3.  I'm using 1.1.2.

nuwud

Won't that take FedEx Home shipping off completely, then? But if FedEx does Ground shipping to residences too, I guess it doesn't matter.
All your base are belong to us!

Nick Miletich

Yeah, they're virtually the same.  FedEx Home costs more and has a weight limit- 70lb.  They charge your account the difference after it has been shipped to a residential address plus a .35 cent premium.

QubeSys Technologies

Is this an ultimate fix for Fedex ?
Blissful!

revive

Ultimate.. uh, until this summer when they phase out the API.. :P

smkrishna

Does anybody know API has been discontinued from FedEx.
I tried the 'Y' to 'N' code change and still I dont see FedEx ground shipping for me!!???? If we have to use FedEx Web Services, does anybody have experience in it?
Can they guide me?
Thanks for help in advance.

lowmips

Quote from: smkrishna on July 06, 2009, 00:54:09 AM
Does anybody know API has been discontinued from FedEx.
(snip) If we have to use FedEx Web Services, does anybody have experience in it?
Can they guide me?
Thanks for help in advance.

There is interest in developing a new module using Web Services:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=52741.0
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

hall0ween138

I also made the change from 'Y' to 'N' on this line, refreshed the page and I still don't see fedex ground. Any ideas? I'm still looking around and if I find anything I'll post it.

Thanks!

sheela

Hi All,

I have enabled "FedEx Smartpost" option in admin side. But it doesn't shown up in checkout page.

Anyonle help me?

Thanks!

sza

This 'Y'/'N' fix worked for me. Any idea what the repercussions will be?