Author Topic: Parent with Child. (No really)  (Read 6285 times)

pcjunkie

Parent with Child. (No really)
« on: April 30, 2008, 06:20:41 am »
I would like to know of any possible way to display the parent in a browse page without the price, or, not having a price at all.

In the data base all parents have a price, if not they display, not priced.
When peeps browse the category they see the price regardless children or not. What I would like to know is there a way to...

1 eliminate the price requirement of a parent product and use that as a category display only. This would make editing in CSV / spread sheets much less confusing.  (not for me but my employer)

2 attach a switch to remove the price and display something else like read more..

3 Allow the switch to insert "from" before the price if children are present.

ali

• Beginner
Re: Parent with Child. (No really)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 05:12:44 am »
i need this too!

RedLight Traitor

• Hooray for Joomla!
    • Los Angeles Joomla Website Development and SEO Services
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 12:25:00 pm »
I thought you could do this easily by just editing the browse page file. Have you tried that? Just take out the php code that shows the price.
www.shopknowlabel.com
www.chickarita.org
www.coverplayard.com

If I can be of any assistance to you, please don't  hesitate to skype me at "redlighttraitor" Thanks for all who have helped me! - Johnny
Joomla Website Development and Los Angeles SEO Services
www.redlightfusion.com

revive

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 17:40:04 pm »
@pcjunkie - RedLight Traitor is correct.. this is a fairly simple mod.

First, go to: components/com_virtuemart/themes/WHAT-EVER-THEME-YOU'RE-USING/templates/browse/

and open the browse page you are using in a text editor - the same browse page you set in the admin (you have selected one in the admin either under the main config or for a specific category) - eg. we are using the browse_3.php for one of our clients.

find this PIECE of code:
Code: [Select]
<?php echo $product_price ?>

change to this:
Code: [Select]
<!-- commented out the line below to remove pricing from the browse page -->
<!-- <?php echo $product_price ?> -->

Notice, this will simple comment out the price.. it does not change the 'logic' that makes the system function and therefore should be reliable.

Hope this helps ;)