Author Topic: [SOLVED] removing Child item name from drop down list on flypage  (Read 9665 times)

revive

If you have added child products, maybe with the same name and just different sizes/options as the parent, and want to remove the child name from the drop down..

go here:
In administrator\components\com_virtuemart\classes\ps_product_attribute.php comment out following code at/or about line 301:
Code: [Select]
$html .= $db->f( "product_name" ) ." - " ;

So the above should now look like this:
//  $html .= $db->f( "product_name" ) ." - " ;

You can see the difference in the images attached - named before and after.
;)

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Daniel.uww

• Your-Domain-Pick: Purchase Your Domain Name
Re: [SOLVED] removing Child item name from drop down list on flypage
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 16:36:45 pm »
thank you for this!
Running VM 1.1.3 and Joomla! 1.5

http://www.yourdomainpick.com Purchase Your Domain Name

revive

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 17:37:37 pm »
;) Antyime. If you come across a fix/solution that worked for you.. please return and take a moment to post it here.

Cheers

cmcsweeney

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 06:59:22 am »
Hi,

Since it's possible to remove the name from the dropdown, I was going to ask if it was possible to remove other elements, specifically the 'price'.

In a site I'm working on, I have a few child items that have Attribute lists held within each item (the 'attributes' within these lists are called "Variants"). As each "Variant" has its own price, I want to remove the price that appears in the main child item dropdown (i.e. the one that appears after:" Please select an item: ").

I've tried playing around with my ps_product_attribute.php file, but can't seem to remove the price section of the child listing.

My test site can be found here:
http://www.mcsweeneydesign.com/Joomla/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=21

If anyone can help, I'd be very grateful.

revive

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 08:50:13 am »
Hello,
I haven't looked today,.. but I believe it's somewhere around line 12 of this file.. you'll see it because of the () that is around the php code.. let me know what you find and if this isn't it.. I'll dig in later today when I can get some time:

components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/product_details/includes/addtocart_advanced_attribute.tpl.php

mlipscomb

• Contributing Developer
  • Beginner
  • US-Based Development
    • US-Based Joomla and Virtuemart Design and Development
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 19:07:35 pm »
You can comment out line 334 in the same file so it looks like this:
// $html .= ' - ' . $CURRENCY_DISPLAY->getFullValue( $price["product_price"] ) ;