News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

MOD Auspost Compulsory Insurance 4 Australia Delivery ONLY

Started by Christabelle67, September 16, 2008, 14:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christabelle67

Hello

Thank you Laurie_Lewis for providing your fantastic mod, hope you don't mind my hubby slightly modifying this to meet my needs. 

It is for people selling products in Australia ONLY who want their shipping to include Compulsory Registered Post for Customer Peace of Mind, they are not given the option to choose unregistered post.  Customers can also choose Express Post, please note, Express Post across Australia does not have insurance, you have to use Standard Post (with insurance included) as this is Auspost policies.  This mod is not for International Post.

2 Options Available:

1 = Standard Post (With insurance included)
2 = Express Post (No insurance)

To Add this:

1.  Save zip file attached to this post onto your PC.
2.  Unzip the file, (3 files inside)
3.  Upload to your virtuemart on your host: public_html/shop name/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping
4.  Once uploaded go into admin of your VM shop (backend) click on Store Summary, Configuration, Shipping and enable the Auspost Shipping Module modified to allow additional postal methods including Express Post.  Outside of Australia Post is now catered for.  Untick the other Australia Post module.  SAVE.
5.  Go to Store, Shipping Module List, Auspost_Reg Shipping Module, click on configure ship method and add your handling fees etc if required, but don't touch Registered Mail lodgement cost and Registered Mail extra covered unit cost, as they are already set up.

NOTE:  If you want to use both Standard with and without Insurance remove the comments (/*) on line 154 before total_shipping_handling and on line 163 after 1 - remove the comments also (*/) in auspost_reg.php file.

Warm Regards
Christel & Kevin

[attachment cleanup by admin]

eedman

Works a bloody treat! Thanks to all who have added to that module.

sanjeewasam

Thanks a lot for this and it works fine. I am to do international shipping as well. How to remove the insurance options displayed and to have one option for Air Post and International Express post (without mentioning anything about insurance). U checked the rates for US and UK and they are correctly computed with this.

mylearningspace

Thanks for sharing! our prelim testing of improved auspost shipping module looks good for j1.5.9 & vm1.1.3 ;D

Nica521

This is Brilliant!!! :)

One question, can I get it to hide if country select is US which I have a standard rate.

Thanks once again!!

aceantman

Ok, I really need this.
I have two shipping optioms pick up  no vost ant the current australia post module built in.

I need the details to be in the one table as the austpost module

looks a bit like this
please choose a shipping method

x Australia post

===========================================================

x local pickup only

snd locat pickup is the default i need to place the new Australia post module inside the shipping table and make it the default.

I have no clue how to get it working and which one to use I need help!
also i need to view state as 3 letters not 2 .

also need to fix units of measurement to metric  something cm,mm kg,grams

also notify me! button to notify admin to order products that are in demand
As you can see i am total stuff .

Anthony from http://trainsforyou.com
vituremart 1.1.13  joomla 1.5.14

LindaC

This is great! Thank you for this post. One question, though... Somebody offered me an insurance membership under captive company. What is What is captive insurance? Is it safe? Have you heard of it? I already checked their website, but I thought of asking more people about it. Thanks in advance.

baldcat

I"m having a litle trouble, just wondering if anyone has come across it before.. when I go to step 2.. I just get a blank page (the rest of the site shows, just the VM part goes blank) the page title says "Checkout step 2 of 4)   at a bit of a loss...