Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Baize LTD's New VirtueMart/Joolma Site

Started by JazzyJust, March 18, 2008, 17:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JazzyJust

Hi,

Would it be possible to some feedback on my website - www.baizeltd.com

This is the first time I'd used VirtueMart or Joolma, so it's a massive learning curve for me coming from OsCommerce and ZenCart.

I've incorportated the following: -

Google Analytics Tracking Module for VirtueMart
VirtueMart LuckyPhoto Module
sh404SEF
Hot Products

I'm now trying to incorporate the mosproductsnap component to the site so I can have product on the homepage, I know it needs to have JCE install but I installed that to another site I'm involved with it messed all the page links up so I don't want to risk doing that to my main site.

Thanks in advance for any feedback either good or bad.

Justin

Baize LTD soon to be The Cuestore

kessels1234

Hi,

Your site look goo and very promissing. A couple of things (you wanted feedback)
- Try to give your site a more personal look. It is now too obvious that this is the elemental template by joomlashack (i think). A lot of people are going to make use of it and your site looks the same as hundred other websites. Only different content.  I hope you know what I mean.

- I've tried many websites at the time I was watching your website so it isn't my inetrnetconnection speed. Your site is terribly slow

- Change the look of your add-to-cart.gif. At the moment it doesn't fit with the rest of the colors on your website. Have a look at http://www.getelastic.com/add-to-cart-buttons/

- In the categories I'd suggest to use images to represent the links and make it more attractive to your shopper.

I did not look very long at your website so I haven't seen all but this is what I saw immediatly. I hope you agree with me and see my comment as positive constructive feedback.

Good Luck
Danny

Kevin

I have to agree with Danny.
The site looks good but it is painfully slow.  If I were a searching for a product to buy, I have to regret I would have moved on to another site.  It's unfortunate but people hate to wait.

JazzyJust

Thanks Dan and Kevin for your feedback.

I'm looking at new hosting for the site.

Dan, glad you like the look of the site and think it's promising.

I understand what you mean about the site not being individual enough, going to look at the add to cart buttons.

What I got confused about was this - In the categories I'd suggest to use images to represent the links and make it more attractive to your shopper.

Please could you explain this a bit more.
Justin

kessels1234

Hi Justin,

When you click in the left menu on a category you go to the sub-categories. The subcategories are (now) displayed as links without an image(most of them). Add an image to all the subcategories to make it more attractive. Make tham allso a bit bigger. You have to seduce your customer and a picture says more than a thousand words.

Danny

JazzyJust

I've look into it and get it sorted.

Can you have a look at the speed of the site now please.
Justin

Kevin

Speed test results:

URL:  http://www.baizeltd.com
Measured Speed    (using 10 mbps T3 connection):    10.94 sec

Compare with other sites:

Samples from our benchmarks, showing average speed (in sec) for the last 12 months:
google.com    arin.net    apple.com    microsoft.com    fedex.com    usps.gov    cnn.com    
0.6                  0.7            1.1                  1.2                2.3               2.9            4.4    
You can test yourself by going here or a number of websites that test your speed for free.
http://www.vertain.com/m.q?req=cstr&reqid=d9.7Anm8

JazzyJust

That is quicker then what it was before though, isn't it?
Justin

Kevin

Honestly I cannot tell if it is faster.  "If your page is slower than 3-4 sec (in the above test), you should be concerned! The page will load in about 20-60 sec on DSL or dial-up connection, longer than the average user is likely to wait."