News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

[SOLVED] checksum error when installing VirtueMart 1.1 beta2 ...

Started by pab, December 06, 2007, 06:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pab

When I install the virtuemart component (com_virtuemart_20071205.zip) from the Joomla extension manager using the "Upload Package File" field it says it installed successfully, but then when I use the 2nd step to install without sample data I get the following error:

Update Log
Invalid checksum for file " $pagename, $modulename, $vars, $VM_LANG, $cmd, $ok, $mosConfig_lang, $auth, $ps_checkout,$error, $" : 44338 calculated, 0 expectedSomething went wrong with Unpacking the Archive Files

Is this a bug or did my installation fail?

Thanks

aravot

Could not replicate, tried it on Joomla 1.0.13 and Joomla 1.5 rev 9477

Please write your Joomla version and server info.

QuoteDatabase Version: 5.0.45-community-nt
PHP Version: 5.2.5
Web Server: Apache/2.2.6 (Win32) PHP/5.2.5
WebServer to PHP interface: apache2handler

pab

I'm not sure where I can find the rev # for joomla, but it is the Joomla 1.5 RC2 release (because I heard it's not a good idea to run 1.5 RC3 with VM 1.1). In system info it says: Joomla! 1.5.0 Production/Stable [ Endeleo ] 1-September-2007 15:00 GMT. VirtueMart version is 1.1 beta2. This is a on Windows XP not Linux, if that might make a difference.

Also, from what I can tell, virtuemart seems to work ok even after I got this error.

Hope this helps.

aravot

The revision number is in the changelog.php file located in the root of Joomla installation

Example
Quote<?php
/**
* @version      $Id: CHANGELOG.php 9485 2007-12-06 23:41:32Z facedancer $
* @package      Joomla

For VM 1.1 beta 2 it is best to use post Joomla 1.5 RC3 version this is due to changes made to legacy.php file of Joomla which is required for VM 1.1

Download nightly build of Joomla

You forgot your server info, I need it to try and see if I can replicate.

pab

Thanks for the info on finding the version of Joomla. It's version 1.5 rev 8688.

PHP and Apache versions are somewhat old, I haven't upgraded in quite a while.
PHP version 4.3.8
Apache 2.0.50

To install the joomla nightly build, can I just unzip it over my existing version of joomla, or do I need to uninstall first?

aravot

Quote from: pab on December 07, 2007, 11:59:01 AM
To install the joomla nightly build, can I just unzip it over my existing version of joomla, or do I need to uninstall first?

It depends, if no db changes were made, you can overwrite the files, the current rev as of writing is 9488.

And database version?

pab

GMo

Hello Aravot,

First, very thank you for your work !!!  It's a beautifull contribution !!!

For information, I have the same problem that PAB :
Invalid checksum for file " $pagename, $modulename, $vars, $VM_LANG, $cmd, $ok, $mosConfig_lang, $auth, $ps_checkout,$error, $" : 44338 calculated, 0 expectedSomething went wrong with Unpacking the Archive Files

But after make 2 installation of VirtueMart, the problem is already present, but, VirtueMart is OK
My Config : JM1.5 9561  -  Apache 2.2.3  -  PHP 5.2.0 - MySQL 5.0.27

A little question, JM15 turn only in Legacy mode with VirtueMart 1.1 beta2  it's normal ?

And yet a big thank you for your work !

Best Regards,
Gaƫtan

aravot

Quote from: GMo on December 10, 2007, 11:56:10 AM
First, very thank you for your work !!!  It's a beautifull contribution !!!

The lead dev is Soeren, so thanks goes to him, I am just helping out.

QuoteA little question, JM15 turn only in Legacy mode with VirtueMart 1.1 beta2  it's normal ?

Yes, this is normal.

As for the error it must be related to how server is setup-ed cause I can't replicate it, I tried on my remoter server and local.

However since two persons have reported the issue for now I'll mark the topic as 'Under Review' hoping to find and fix the problem later on.

GMo

Hello,

I am not yet able to help you to find the source of the problem, but it is with pleasure that I try the next realese to see if the problem is still there.

Then I would say a big thank you to Soeren too! ;-)

soulpad

I had the same problem and the solution for me was to disable the Joomla SEF plugin. The main VM component was already installed and the Invalid Checksum error may be because Joomla is looking for a file it can't find due to SEF trouble.

In Joomla's administrator back-end choose Extensions | Plugin Manager and ensure that the Content-SEF plugin is unpublished.

Then choose Components | Virtuemart and hopefully you should now see that you're able to choose whether or not to install the sample data. Try again and see what happens.

Quote from: GMo on December 13, 2007, 22:20:35 PM
Hello,

I am not yet able to help you to find the source of the problem, but it is with pleasure that I try the next realese to see if the problem is still there.

Then I would say a big thank you to Soeren too! ;-)