News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Error Messages

Started by jjk, November 03, 2007, 21:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjk

Hello
I thought it is about time to slowly start developing my new website (Art Gallery with 1000+ art prints) with Joomla 1.5 and VirtueMart 1.1. At present I locally installed the SVN versions from 30th of October. One of the features I don't like in VirtueMart 1.1 is the way error messages are displayed. The "Notice" Window pops up and automatically closes itself after 3 seconds - in most cases not enough time to read the complete message and try to understand it.

Is there away to keep it open until I click "ok"?

Meanwhile I will continue to figure out how I can upload category images without an error message popping up.  :-\

Best Regards

Joerg
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

aravot

Quote from: jjk on November 03, 2007, 21:50:42 PM
Meanwhile I will continue to figure out how I can upload category images without an error message popping up.  :-\

I am able to add category image in Joomla 1.5 r9308 and VM 1.1 r1031. What is your Joomla 1.5 version and server info?

jjk

QuoteI am able to add category image in Joomla 1.5 r9308 and VM 1.1 r1031. What is your Joomla 1.5 version and server info?

Hello,

I think I figured out what the problem is. I've installed the SVN versions of Joomala 1.5 and VirtueMart 1.1 from the 30th of October on Windows 2000 with the latest XAMPP 1.6.4.

Now, when I try to add a new category or product within the VirtueMart administration, VirtueMart lists the following path in the light blue box at the top of the window:

D:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla15RC3/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/category :: Writeable

This is the Windows path.
If I select an image with the "Search for file button", the windows path will become selected, which doesn't work.
D:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla15RC3\components\com_virtuemart\shop_image\category\Myimage.jpg

However, VirtueMart by default expects something like
http://localhost/joomla15RC3/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/category/myimage.jpg
If I type in the "localhost path" in the optional URL entry field manually, the image is located and uploaded correctly.

I don't remember if/how this problem was solved in the VirtueMart 1.0.xx series, since I deleted all previous installations.

Would be nice if this could be fixed in a way so that Windows/XAMPP users don't have to type in all image paths manually.
-------------------

One question: Does VirtueMart need to store all images in the "...\components\com_virtuemart\shop_image\product" folder, or is it possible to categorize the "...\product" folder in order to make it easier to maintain thousands of images. (When I maintain a website with FTP my brain is unable to remember which image a filename like 1b0c96d67abdbea648cd0ea96fd6abcb.jpg actually is. My current static online gallery contains 2000+ product images already. So I prefer to categorize images and give it real names.)
-------------------

BTW - concerning my configuration - Joomla system info lists this:

PHP Built on:       Windows NT RED 5.0 build 2195
Database Version:    5.0.45-community-nt
Database Collation:    latin1_general_ci
PHP Version:    5.2.4
Web Server:    Apache/2.2.6 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.8e mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.4
Web Server to PHP interface:    apache2handler
Joomla! Version:    Joomla! 1.5.0 Production/Stable [ Takriban ] 5-October-2007 21:00 GMT
User Agent:    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; de; rv:1.8.1.9) Gecko/20071025 Firefox/2.0.0.9

Best Regards

Joerg

aravot

Joomla 1.5 r9308 and VirtueMart 1.1 r1031

On my remote server with php 5.2.3 I was able to create a category with image on J!1.5, on my local server with php 5.2.4 I can't, I don't know if it is a php 5.2.4 issue, local issue or something else, however on the same local server I can create a category with image using Joomla 1.0.13.

The error that I get is.
QuoteWarning: move_uploaded_file(\wamp\www runk/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/category/Kinder_Surprise__472e693b6f3f5.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Invalid argument in C:\wamp\www\trunk\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\classes\ps_product_files.php on line 757

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move 'C:\wamp\tmp\php437.tmp' to '\wamp\www runk/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/category/Kinder_Surprise__472e693b6f3f5.jpg' in C:\wamp\www\trunk\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\classes\ps_product_files.php on line 757

Error: The following image update command failed: $ret = ps_product_files::moveUploadedFile( "category_full_image", "\wamp\www\trunk/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/category/Kinder_Surprise__472e693b6f3f5.jpg" );

Using wampserver
Database Version: 5.0.45-community-nt
PHP Version: 5.2.4
Web Server: Apache/2.2.4 (Win32) PHP/5.2.4
Web Server to PHP interface: apache2handler

jjk

Hi again,

In addition to the problem that my error message disappears automatically after 3 seconds - before I can read it completely - it looks truncated, so I don't see, which file "line 757" is located in. See screen capture below:

Best Regards

Joerg

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jjk

Quote from: aravot on November 05, 2007, 21:05:05 PM
Use Simple View Layout to see the whole text.

Thanks for the hint - so the truncated and disappearing error messages in the extended layout view are a problem with the ExtJS library - I suppose.

Best Regards

Joerg

jjk

Hi,

I installed the latest SVN version two days ago and I'm still stuck with the same problem. Tried different PHP versions yesterday with no effect. Below I copied some additional information. When I try to add a product or category image from any directory and hit the SAVE button, the following shows up:

---------------------------------------------
Warning: move_uploaded_file( mpp\htdocs\Joomla15RC3/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Chain_Saw_474945e24f141.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Invalid argument in D:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla15RC3\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\classes\ps_product_files.php on line 753

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move 'D:\xampp\tmp\php13.tmp' to ' mpp\htdocs\Joomla15RC3/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Chain_Saw_474945e24f141.jpg' in D:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla15RC3\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\classes\ps_product_files.php on line 753

Failure
Error: The following image update command failed: $ret = ps_product_files::moveUploadedFile( "product_thumb_image", "\xampp\htdocs\Joomla15RC3/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Chain_Saw_474945e24f141.jpg" );
------------------------------------------

If I click on the [function.move-uploaded file] link in the error message, it says:
Object not found!
The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 404
localhost
11/25/07 10:55:43
Apache/2.2.6 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.8e mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.4
----------------------------------

ps_product_files.php on line 753 (to line 758) is this:

if( move_uploaded_file( $_FILES[$fieldname]['tmp_name'], $storefilename )) {
chmod( $storefilename, 0644 );
return true;
}
else {
return false;

From this I guess I have to adjust the default path information somewhere. Does anybody have an idea how to solve this?

Joerg

aravot

Can not replicate could be your server.

I see you are using localhost have you tried on remote server? Do you have GD enabled.

jjk

To Avarot: I noticed that you listed my problem in the bug tracker and Soeren responded to it already (not replicable). Can you mark it as solved?

Problem solved  ;D

I did clear all previous XAMPP, XAMPPLight, Joomla and Virtuemart installations as well as my Windows registry settings and thereafter installed the latest XAMPP as well as the latest Joomla 1.5 and VirtueMart 1.1 SVN versions again.

From what I noticed during the cleanup, XAMPP was pointing to a file named configuration.php which probably contained a wrong path information for some reason. In the past, XAMPP told me there is a "directory mismatch" upon startup, but then seemed to work without errors and I never figured out which file this message was related to. Now with the newly installed XAMPP the "directory mismatch" is gone and everything seems to work fine (at the moment) - No error messages at present!

Thanks for your efforts.

Joerg

jenkinhill

Can't find this in the bug tracker to mark it solved.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

aravot

Kelvyn, maybe I have it closed, I'll look.

Try the new WAMP server you can run any php or sql version you like, mix and match to replicate user server.