News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Fixed and Modified USPS shipping

Started by Elkaholic, June 28, 2007, 08:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elkaholic

I modified the USPS to be able to use a different zip code for shipping. I am still on version 1.010 of VM
I modified and added this code to the language file.
var $_PHPSHOP_ADMIN_CFG_STORE_SHIPPING_METHOD_USPS_ZIP = 'Zip Code you Ship From';
var $_PHPSHOP_ADMIN_CFG_STORE_SHIPPING_METHOD_USPS_ZIP_TOOLTIP = 'Change this to the Zip Code You Ship From';

I also fixed an incorrect order in the USPS shipping type, Priority and a flat rate envelope were switched.
I also added a new variable of shipping zip code.

If you are on version 1.010 of VM and have not modified your language file just replace all files. Make sure you save your configuration file info because it will be lost (USPS Username and Pasword).

I added an updated file for the 3.0 USPS files. Use this if your shipping Zip code is different from your stores zip. Like the UPS config. Both versions do the same thng.

Enjoy.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
VirtueMart Is a Great Product,

Thanks!!

Jim Daneke

I just installed the update, and while I can get into the shipping module list, when I click on usps, I get a blank screen with just the virtuemart icon....HELP! :)

Elkaholic

Which mod did you install? Did you update your language file? What version of VM are you using?

You may need to ad this to your usps.cfg.php file
define ('USPS_TAX_CLASS', '2');
define ('USPS_ZIP', '00000'); Add this line only
define ('USPS_HANDLINGFEE', '1.73');

You should then be able to go in and modify the zip code

Thanks!!

Jim Daneke

I was at .010 and updated to .012.

Did not update language file

Will give this a chance in the next couple of days.

Thanks,

Jim

Elkaholic

Make sure you add those lines to your language file. Also make sure you use the 3.0 version of the usps file. I have not updated to the .12 version of VM yet and I upgraded the usps.php file from the one in the developers thread. It may be different and require something else. I will get the .12 version and check it out and make the modification to it just in case. I know there was a problem and I had to use the 1.0 version of the usps.ini rather than the 3.0 version file for it to work.

Thanks!!

Mike C

I don't understand what this modification was for? What do you mean by use a different zip code for shipping?

Elkaholic

I sell products from a dropshipper. When it calculates the shipping I did not want it to ship from my zip and wanted to have a different zip code to ship from.

The UPS module has an additional option to use a separate zip code to ship from, rather than the address of your company. I added a field to the USPS shipping that allows you to use a separate zip code rather than your stores, like the USP shipping.

If you ship from your stores address, there is no need for the mod.

BTW when I hacked the original USPS file there were some problems with it, I fixed them.

Now with the newest release they are fixed, so again no need if you are on version .12 of VM

Thanks!!

Jim Daneke

Looks like Bound Printed Matter is reversed with Media Mail.

I only use media mail, so selecting Printed matter works fine. 

Just something to change later.

Jim

Jim Daneke

Another thing.

I need to stick to version 1 as version 3 gives the error to choose another shipper.

From Version 1 to version 3 I notice there is no more economy International Mail???

Thanks

Elkaholic

Jim, looking at the development on version 3.0 I see they have a few folks having problems. I am using the 3.0 version with my original usps.ini file and it works. I am not having the same issues as some others are.

I would, if me, change your ini back to the original one. It worked for me. I believe it has something to do with this line "Filename=usps.cfg.php" in the version 3.0 usps.ini. I read in the thread dedicated to the development of the USPS class that it helped the blank page error.

I will change those shipping methods around, I missed them :)

I am headed out of town for a week, but I will be checking in on and off and will check in on things.

On the economy international mail, I think it had to do with some changes in USPS, not sure. You may want to post this question in the Koltz thread, or read through it because I think he mentioned it in the dedicated USPS thread.

Thanks!!