News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

XSProject Europe - a site selling products made from garbage!

Started by takeroyd, June 19, 2007, 10:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

takeroyd

Greetings all,
Well, it's taken a long time to develop, and I'm quite proud of the result, so here is XSProject Europe:

Website URL: http://www.xsproject.eu/
Developed on Joomla! 1.0.11 with VirtueMart 1.0.10

Template: my own design

Additional Extensions (Components, Modules, Plug ins):
    * Artio Joomsef
    * Easy Gallery
    * Joomfish
    * JoomleXplorer
    * Recommend
    * swMenuPro
with no special modules, just JUMI to get some PHP scripts running in the main content. Oh, and the marvellous Jombackup mambot for my daily SQL backups.

Custom Development:
A LOT of tweaking has been done to the Virtuemart code - too much to mention here. Contact me if you need details.

Other Features:
I've tried to move away from the standard CMS look, and give the visitor a "wow" factor when they arrive at the site. This entailed two templates, one just for the homepage, and one for the rest of the site.

Three specific areas of my site that I'd like feedback on:
- how do people react to the message behind XSProject - is it easy to understand...?
- what info is missing about XSProject and our products?
- it doesn't look like a typical ecommerce site (because it isn't). But does that put people off from purchasing?
- is the Virtuemart checkout process user-friendly enough?

Additional Comments:
Please let me know what you think - all feedback is appreciated, as long as it's constructive...

Tim