News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

shipping mod used for deliveries Need help

Started by alyssa, June 09, 2007, 16:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alyssa

I have no idea if there is an easy fix...

But I need a way to calculate shipping by distance form shipper only. No weight or cost needed.

Any ideas on how to do this. I am willing to input zip codes individually if needed but I need to be able to change the zip code range to a zip code list.

If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate them.

Alyssa
www.onthegobabyct.com

Elkaholic

I am working on a mod for that but it has proved to be a challenge. It's quite extensive and requires a bit of thought. What if a customer buys a product from two different vendors? What shipping method do you use, USPS, UPS, FEDEX, static/custom, or any of the custom shipping mods for calculation? 
Is the VM core programmers working on anything like this, or is it open to add? I would hate to add the code and have it so extensive that upgrades would be a pain.

I currently do not like the way the vendor is displayed for a product. It should not show the vendor to the public ,in my case, because I use dropshippers. Most vendors do not want end shoppers contacting them, they are usually wholesalers.

This is just a start of considerations and questions to be answered. Any thoughts on this?
VirtueMart Is a Great Product,

Thanks!!

alyssa

I am using the Standard Shipping module with individual configured carriers and rates. I then added 3 rates which are loosely based on distance from me. But I really want something more automatic, since every customer puts in the cheapest no matter where they are.I have made a csv file with all the zip codes i will deliver to so I need a way to implement that into the cart. So that the delivery address zip code will automatically generate the delivery price.