News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

AndInClosing.com

Started by Barry Rawdon, May 23, 2007, 18:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Rawdon

TomC

Not much to say - it's beautiful.

The only bit of constructive criticism I have is that your "&" logo image loses itself within the brown background color.  Perhaps a darker color for the logo image or some drop-shadowing to help bring out the image against the like-colored background.  Either that, or a lighter brown/off-white color for the background.

It's a very unique site using VirtueMart.  (I assume you are also using Joomla as your base CMS?)

Barry Rawdon

Thank you. Orginially the color scheme was close to what you described, but the client made some tweaks and they get the final say!

Yes, it is with Joomla.

TomC

Ahhh ... I didn't realize this was client driven.
Oh well ... it's their site, their decision.

So, assuming that you designed the site (and the obvious talent you have for such), may I inquire as to your design firm name/web address?  I'd be interested in seeing more of your work.

Barry Rawdon

yep... www.SiliconCoast.net

That was my first VirtueMart site, but have done about 7 joomla sites.

dknesek

How did you capture the numbers in the "We've got your number" flypage?  Do they get embedded in the order somewhere?

Thanks,
Doug

Barry Rawdon

Yes they do. I just used the "Custom Attribute List" under the product status tab for that product. 

However, the user still has to change the quantity field to match, that's why we put this message in the description: "NOTE: Numbers sold individually. Be sure to list each number separately and enter the total quantity. "

I haven't found a way to have that done automatically.

dknesek

Just a little clarification -  on this page:
http://www.seaandjae.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=20&category_id=28&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=20

How did you make the First Initial, Middle Initial, and Last Initial freely editable rather than being a drop-down?

Thanks

Barry Rawdon

I just used the "Custom Attribute List" under the product status tab for that product...

First Initial;Middle Initial;Last Initial