News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Transformetrics.com and Virtuemart 1.1 Beta

Started by JaceRider, May 17, 2007, 00:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaceRider

Hi guys,

Just thought you might like to see what I've accomplished with Virtuemart 1.1. It doesn't work perfect yet but it's getting there. Let me know your thoughts!

www.Transformetrics.com

TomC

Holy Cow ... That's a Joomla site ??

It looks amazing !!! . . . Did you design it yourself or do you have professional help?

macallf

Your site is looking good especially the VM part. One problem I have noticed is that the minicart doesnot update, Not sure why that is!

Definitely a Joomla site TomC, I also have a demo of Joomla & VM 1.1 online Mark Callf Photography

I hope you enjoy.

Mark
Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

JaceRider

Thanks for the comments. Yes, it's a Joomla site, and was created in about a month with help from me, myself, and I.  :)

TomC

Is there some kind of ultra-enhancement with the new VirtueMart beta or something?

I mean, I just installed the Joomla + VirtueMert combo onto my server ... but if there is something better available, I don't want to put forth all of the effort if the latest and greatest is available.

Can I upgrade VirtueMart to the newest offering directly within my Joomla Administration Panel?
What are the "cons" to utilizing the VirtueMart 1.1 beta now ??

macallf

Quote from: TomC on May 17, 2007, 17:56:44 PM
Is there some kind of ultra-enhancement with the new VirtueMart beta or something?

I mean, I just installed the Joomla + VirtueMert combo onto my server ... but if there is something better available, I don't want to put forth all of the effort if the latest and greatest is available.

Can I upgrade VirtueMart to the newest offering directly within my Joomla Administration Panel?
What are the "cons" to utilizing the VirtueMart 1.1 beta now ??

Jut a little bit of improvement, which is still ongoing. Cons of using right now, no upgrade path from earlier beta versions. Possibility of DB changes. Still in development.

No upgrade from within joomla either.

Do a search for xampp, this is a total server install available for both windows and linux. You can then install on your own PC and test both systems. VM1.1Beta is available from the SVN. Do a search on the documentation wiki for SVN and you will find out how to download, build and install.

Mark
Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

ecockrell

Jace,
What did you use for the subscription "popup" window?

Stephane Poison

This experiment with 1.1 is very impressive. New improvements are amazing, I can't wait !!
The site look good, and the design is great !

well done.

spoison

TomC

Quote from: Stephane Poison on June 25, 2007, 19:45:58 PM
This experiment with 1.1 is very impressive. New improvements are amazing, I can't wait !!
The site look good, and the design is great !

well done.

spoison

What are the improvements ???   

What is the ETA for release ??

Will we be able to upgrade smoothly from previous version?

:)