News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

XHTML Compliancy

Started by martyn, October 08, 2004, 18:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martyn

Hi,
I am currently transferring my site (//www.sdsdigital.co.uk) over from mambo 4.5 to 4.5.1 due to the XHTML compliancy
benefit. During my time at MOSFORGE i stumbled across Mos-phpshop which looked fantastic and fullfills my
\"integrated\" vision of site and store. Upon installing however i have checked and found that php-shop does
not conform to XHTML :(. Will this be coming soon? I really want to get away from Zen-cart as Mos-phpshop is so much
better looking and easier to administer, but i want my WHOLE site to comply. Many thanks in advance. B)

Soeren

Hello,
one of the milestones of the mambo-phpShop project is XHMTL compliance. I'm converting odd formatted HTML Tags as I find them...Please tell me where you find such old Tags for we can convert them to XHTML compliant tags.
Note: The product description of the Sample Products isn't XHTML compliant at all. Don't see this as a part of mambo-phpShop! Your product description will be written with a WYSIWYG Editor...(which hopefully writes valid XHTML)  ;)

ciao, soeren
The future of eCommerce: VirtueMart & Joomla!
http://virtuemart.net

martyn

That is good to hear! :)  I use firefox with the Checky extension to validate my pages and will be padding my pages out with the tnymce editor which does indeed output valid code. Keep up the excellent work!

mitch_a

Main xhtml issue seems to be re url encoding ;

ie - product_id=0&category_id.....

should be : product_id=0&category_id - for xhtml

Is there / will there be a fix soeren ?

Great product by the way  - thanks for the work you put into it.

to_

hi,

yes, i've noticed too that the most common error is the '&' -> '&' one. So what about to make an awk script to fix it, hmm?

++