Anthony C.

Welcome to our vitamin shop.
it is running now~

http://www.natvd.com

(Natural Vitamin Direct Inc.)

Martin

hi anthony

nice shop you made! looks good.
please tell me... how did you get rid of the category list on the main front page?
I have a category listing in the left menu bar, but it's also in the main area...

Anthony C.

What do you mean by "category list on the main front page" ?

Do you mean the shop main page's category list?  If that is what you mean, then you can see that it is still there. (click on Shopping or Online Shop)

The main index page is joomla's main page. No category will be listed.

lob73

Very nice shop!
What program are you using to have friendly URL in your shop? Opensef? If so, is there any trick to make it work with virtuemart? I tried nearly everything and it is still not working on my page....

Anthony C.

Hi Lob73,

What is the state of your website now?

Have you done joomla SEF ?

that is a must to make OpenSEF working.

Other than that, the tricks are to use the latest OpenSEF( 2.0.0 sp5) and manually enter the links for virtuemart @@

haha, you may say.. what?. manually enter them?     Yes..  that is what I did for all our links.. since we have to exclude virtuemart out of OpenSEF in order to allow the shopping cart working properly, that is the ad hoc method I did.

Try it, and tell me what problems you are encounter..  If your brain is hurting, maybe get  some of our vitamins .. lol  just kidding..

Cheers,

Anthony

TomC

On the whole, I like your site.  I especially like the top third - your logo is great.

For my taste, I kind of start to lose interest below the "Featured Products" section .... it just kind fo gets boring for me.  I would like to see some additional products and colorful imagery.  Perhaps a "featured product of the month" right there in the middle - with the content/info you have now moved down the page a bit.

As it seems the purpose of your site is to sell product, then this is what you need to focus on.  The information is great and adds value to the site - don't get me wrong.  However, as things are layed out right now, it looks more like an informational site than an eCommerce site.

Just my two constructive cents worth.

TOM

Anthony C.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your suggestions. I really appreciate your constructive insights for our website.

I will definitely think about how I can put the featured products of the month in the front page.

thank you again,

Anthony c.

james

I anthony, i really like what you done with your shoppingcart,i like the way your tables and info positioning are layed out, i'm currently developing a site and i'm having lots of troubles with the table layouts due to the 100% width of the site. below is an example, what would you suggest to fix my problem, if you take a look the image tables is far to big even tho i havea small image in there, plus the price unit, description, add to cart is all over the place.

http://miccheck.com.au/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3&category_id=1&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

Anthony C.

Hi james,

Thanks for visiting our website.
The Suggestion I would give is to minimize the table layout for your contents.
As you can see, I only use tables for my template which contains the basic columns and rows.
The reason I don't use 100% is that it will give me the problems like what you have right now.
Tables are not good for placing contents in the website. Try to use div or span to place your contents.

P.S. I am not a designer therefore I always use the simplest way to deal with layout.

I hope this may give you a direction.

Anthony

james

thanks for the reply, i searched my template and my main content table was 100%, i deleted it to 0%, and it actually looks better than before. thanks

TomC

I see you made some improvements and, in my opinion, it's looking much better.  The big product image in the middle catches the eye right away - which is good.

Now, I think you should, perhaps, think about a different left-side vertical navigation menu.  For a site such as yours, the "windows tree-esque" structure doesn't really work well - visually.   Perhaps a standard dhtml type menu - such as the one on http://www.thehill.com (in the colors of your choice, of course).

Again, just some constructive suggestions to help improve the visual impact/experience of your site for your customers.

:)

Anthony C.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the new suggestion again.

For the menu design, I don't really know how to make it look nice. That is why i used the simplest way to present it.
I know what you mean that it doesn't really visually work good. However, somehow if I can change the color of the tree menu and change the icon, then hopefully it will look better. But for now, I will leave what it looks like now.

I will try other types of menu. Perhaps, I should do a survey or poll on this improvement.

Thanks again

Anthony