News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

www.demevacomputers.com

Started by Demeva, March 17, 2007, 14:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demeva

gregdev

You've done a good job putting your store together. I didn't have much time to go through things, but here are a few suggestions:

When I go to "Business Oportunities" (two p's in that word, by the way), in FireFox the article width gets really wide while the header stays narrow, or in IE 7 the article just gets compressed all together. You could try:

1) change the column widths to percentages in the "CURRENT WEB SHOPS FOR SALE" table, or
2) Turn the right side modules off on that page, or
3) Switch templates to something wider or not fixed width (there are some really nice Joomla templates being sold around the web that are not very expensive - I personally do not prefer the default templates that Joomla 1.0.x provides).

Also, you should probably add your headings (h1, h2, etc) to your template_css.css file and style them. Right now, in IE 7, the heading (on the same page) "How do you fancy your own business in Cyprus?" wraps, but the line-height is not set, so the words overlap on themselves. Try styling h1 - add a line-height to it.

Also, I noticed that you used inline styles (lots of <font> tags). You can choose to do that, but look through the HTML source of that particular article. You have <font>'s inside <font>'s inside <font>'s ... very deep.

Overall, it looks like you've put some work into it.

[tr][td]
[/td][td]
www.plainlycode.com[/td][/tr]
[/table]

Demeva

Wow, Thank you very very much Gregdev that is much appreciated.

I will try and make the changes you suggest. I have noticed that in IE7 my font colour has changed to all red, which is not what I want. I assume I can change that in the CSS files???