News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Paygate payment processor for users from South Africa

Started by Charl Fourie, February 06, 2007, 00:20:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charl Fourie

Hi there

I have created a payment processor which uses http://paygate.co.za for credit card payment processing.  A couple of notes:

1. Credit card types and short descriptions
Credit card types in the VirtueMart backoffice should be set up as follows:

Credit CardShort Description
Visa1
Mastercard2
American Express3
Diners Club4

2.  Merchant ID security
The merchant id is currently saved in ps_paygate.cfg.php.  While I see that certain other processors save the merchant id in a secure way in the database, I have not had the time to do the same for now.  Is it really necessary????

3.  Installation procedure
In short hand it is as follows:
1) Copy the contents of the attached file to the folder: administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/payment/.  Ensure that the webserver-user has got rights to edit ps_paygate.cfg.php.
2) Using the backoffice, set up the credit card types as stated above.
3) Using the backoffice, go to the option to add payment methods and add a method with the following options:
  Active?  -- Yes
  Payment Method Name -- Credit Card (Paygate)
  Code -- PGZA
  Payment method type -- Use Payment Processor
  Accepted Credit Card Types: -- Check all
  Shopper Group: -- Your default shopper group

On the Configuration tab:
  Paygate Merchant ID -- Your merchant id
  Current Mode of Operation -- Test

Save your settings

4) Using the test data provided in the development documentation found at http://paygate.co.za, test to see if all is working fine.

5)  On the Configuration tab, change the current mode of operation to Live.

Regards,

Charl Fourie

[attachment cleanup by admin]

scud

Hi Charl , Thanks for making this available.
I have it working in test mode, and all works well :)

I would be very interested in any developments you may be planning.

thanks
scud

BernardE

Hi Charl

I've been trying to get the module working, but no luck so far. According to your instructions you don't put anything at Payment class name. Should this not point to ps_paygate or something? Also, I don't see any tabs under configuration.

Do Paygate provide test data on their site? I couldn't find any there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
bernard

arnocloete

Hi Charl, thanks a lot for making this available! It works fine!

BernardE and for those who might get stuck, at step 3 you must select Payment class name--ps_paygate. If you selected  this and then go to the configuration tab there will be a payment Merchant ID and Mode of operation field!

PaulJaq

Hi Charl
I have the same problem with nothing in the configuration (with the payment class set to ps_paygate).
I get various error messages too.

I am using Joomla 1.5.2 and Virtuemart 1.0.12
Do you think it's incompatible with the above?

Bazza The Twit

The above module created by Charl makes use of the PayGate's old version of XML Service.
PayGate have a new version of their XML Service called PayXML.
If you want to make use of the above module, then you should upgrade the code from the old version of XML Service to the new PayXML version.
Inside the PayXML documentation on PayGate's download page (http://www.paygate.co.za/download.php) details what you will need to do to upgrade from the old version to the new version.

Instead of upgrading the module, you may want to use PayGate's Module for VirtueMart. This module makes use of their PayWeb product.
This module is available on their downloads page - http://www.paygate.co.za/download.php

J3DI13

i cant seem to upload the relevant files for the VirtueMart PayWebv2 Payment Module onto my server. I have checked file permissions and tried to change them but i get error messages.......

Any ideas please?

Bazza The Twit

J3DI13, did you come right?
Check that you have relevant permissions to upload to the server and to the respective directories.

What error messages are you receiving?