News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

How do I get UPS ground estimated time to show? Time in transit?

Started by Grendel, August 12, 2006, 00:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grendel

So far the XML result returns the "gauranteed" time for everything other than UPS ground... I  have seen in OSCommerce they also allow for a "estimated" time for ground using the "Time in Transit" method.  Do we have that in our UPS module... is it easy to program that into it?  If I can get that value it will help me solve my perishables issue from my previous topic.

Grendel

C'mon guys... am I being ignored because I'm from the U.S. ?  Geesh... :(

Grendel

I can't believe the lack of any response at all...  I have helped others in the past and never asked for anything in return... now I need alittle help and no one is lifting a finger.

I have been able to post and get a result for the time in transit, yet I am having trouble extracting the values I need from the XML.  I've used the same parsing method as the rate request xml parsing... yet I cannot seem to make this work... is anyone willing to spend some time to help me on this?

jimtomas

Your post is somewhat confusing, although I am intrigued you are interested in shipping perishable items. I am currently working on a hack to the UPS module to only show results where the GuaranteedDaysToDelivery is two days or less. We are shipping dairy products and beef, which can't stay in transit more than two days. I'm only about 30% done, but I assume this is something that could help you.

Kind Regards,
Jim Tomas

jimtomas

I think I see what it is now your are saying in your post. We get no delivery quote for UPS ground, when ironically it's the only type of shipment where GuaranteedDaysToDelivery is actually important.

Still chugging away, hope I can figure this one out. Without a time quote for ground, I'm dead in the water.

Thanks for your post, you are making me think!

Grendel

jimtomas

I'll PM you as well, it's been a long time but I am very interested in your solution.