News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Canada Post Tax Calculation

Started by Chris Hutcheson, July 23, 2006, 21:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Hutcheson

I have the Canada Post shipping module working, but the tax aspect of it seems screwed up. I figured out which fields do what in the module, and when I enter the tax rates the shipping cost appears to be calculated correctly with taxes. However, it's incorrect on the payment method page - on a $50 order with a 5.75 shipping cost, the tax amount DROPS by 7cents on what was calculated on the previous (shipping method) page. I'm no PHP guy, but I'm guessing it's something in canadapost.php around line 298 where the writer had to do a trick - to quote him/her - to handle two tax rates.

The thing is, the error occurs whether I separate the rates 6% provincial and 8% GST in the module, or show them as a combined 14% in either field. The final tax calculation is correct on the shipping page, and low by 9 cents on the total page when I use 14%, and 7 cents when I break them out into federal and provincial amounts.

My alternatives, I guess, are to not charge tax (urk!) or try UPS or Fedex (or return to Zen Cart)...any help would be appreciated!