News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Bye Bye Blender - An Online Wedding Regsitry

Started by joomlales, May 31, 2006, 22:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joomlales

We have used Virtuemart as catalogue in order to create this unique online wedding registry

www.byebyeblender.com

The Bye Bye Blender site allows wedding Couples to register for unique gifts and invited wedding Guests to shop for them online.

simbo1905

huh? how does it integrate automatically with virtuemart?

???

Ralf Melles

joomlales

Quote from: simbo1905 on June 01, 2006, 08:54:27 AM
huh? how does it integrate automatically with virtuemart?

???

Good question - Answer: With loads of custom code! We created some custom CMTs that pull eveything together.

Les

joomlales

Quote from: Ralf Melles on June 01, 2006, 10:18:08 AM
Nice site. Clean layout, great idea ;-)

Thanks - The idea was our client's. The problem was creating a store where the items were not "real". Rather Guests make a contribution towards gifts in the  store... No inventory!

Les

hotfrost

:)

I wish i could make the same..:)

so far the best i have seen.

P.S. i think, you site usability will benefit if you can colorize different steps you have on the bottom - make it different step..not like one l-ooooong one..Just a suggestion!

joomlales

Quote from: hotfrost on June 01, 2006, 18:20:50 PM
:)

I wish i could make the same..:)

so far the best i have seen.

P.S. i think, you site usability will benefit if you can colorize different steps you have on the bottom - make it different step..not like one l-ooooong one..Just a suggestion!

Thanks - and okay - you try and tell my client --- she wanted things a "certain way".

::)

hotfrost

short question:
can you tell which module did you use for 'like us - recommend'?

thanks.

ljhdesigns

I have installed Joomla and VirtueMart and need to provide an online registry and or wish list.. are there any available components that can do this that you know of?

Any pointers or direction you can give me would be VERY helpful. By the way, I run a wedding resource site and your site is a great concept!! I love it!

Thanks!!

joomlales

Quote from: ljhdesigns on July 12, 2006, 03:11:49 AM
I have installed Joomla and VirtueMart and need to provide an online registry and or wish list.. are there any available components that can do this that you know of?

Any pointers or direction you can give me would be VERY helpful. By the way, I run a wedding resource site and your site is a great concept!! I love it!

Thanks!!

We had a heck of a time with this implementation. I did get a good CMT that provided a wishlist. But it was so problematic that we ended up getting the whole thing rewritten. So we now have a custom CMT.

na3

Joomlales, is there any chance of sharing this custom component with the rest of the Vmart community (at a price even)?I've been looking for a gift registry hack for my store site, and it looks as though a lot of people in the forums would like one, but none have been made yet.

I'm sure you would have many grateful people if you did share it.

Na3

joomlales

Quote from: na3 on November 05, 2006, 06:09:36 AM
Joomlales, is there any chance of sharing this custom component with the rest of the Vmart community (at a price even)?I've been looking for a gift registry hack for my store site, and it looks as though a lot of people in the forums would like one, but none have been made yet.

I'm sure you would have many grateful people if you did share it.

Na3

Hi - This implementation went far beyond simply a custom component. The site is full of "tweaks" etc. So sharing the CMT would be fruitless without sharing the rest of the site. PM me if you have some viable ideas of how I can share this while recouping some of the monies we invested in creating this site.

sa247

we would be willing to pay to use this script! excellant work - have been looking for something similar for a long time! drop me a message/email