News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

[SHIPPING MODULE] UPS - BugFix & Enhanced by deneb!

Started by deneb, May 02, 2006, 00:26:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deneb

OK,
Here is my modified version of the USPS shipping module that has been flying around...

NEW FEATURES:
Compared to the stock VM 1.0.4 version, it:
=> True International rates!
=> Configure Override Ship From Zip Code
=> Configure toggle - Show Delivery Days Quote
=> Configure toggle - Show Delivery ETA Quote
=> Configure toggle - Show Delivery Warning
=> Configure which  shipping options you want to offer the customer.
=> Configure Fuel SurCharge Rate(%) on each shipping option
=> Adds improved de-bugging output (when shop DEBUG is on.)

BUG FIXES:
=> Fixes weight problems.
=> Fixes errors when a warning is returned by UPS.
=> Fixes the Canada issue.

KNOWN ISSUES:
=> not converted to multi-language format

Installation:
---------------------------
1. download the archive and unpack it to your local drive.
2. back-up your existing usps.php file (copy to: ups.php-bak)
(location: /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/)
3. upload the attached file: ups.php-hak, to administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/ folder.
4. copy usps.php-hak to ups.php (overwrite)
5. configure the new UPS module (VM admin > Store > Shipping Module List > UPS) then save.

EDIT:
---------
attached archive now has a config file with all options active as default. (ups.cfg.php)

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Soeren

Ben,
I must replace the standard configuration file, because this UPS module version contains new parameters.
Please post a default configuration here.
The future of eCommerce: VirtueMart & Joomla!
http://virtuemart.net

deneb

A new archive file is attached to 1st post with config file.  ;D

Roba121

It appears that this module has been included in VM 1.5 as the options in the ups configu area appear identical. Never the less I installed it anyways to fix the following issue. I only receive a "Please select a shipping method!"  Prompt but nothing else On debug I receive this:

Debug: Starting Shipping module: ups

Debug: The Shipping Module 'standard_shipping' couldn't
find a Shipping Rate that matches the current Checkout configuration:
Weight: 1
ZIP: 33716

Do you know what is causing this so I can fix it? It appears with the 1/5 stock ups moduel and your own (if they are different)

Thank you for the great work

djreason

i have installed the upgrade and I STILL do not see the UPS shipping option in my store.  do I need to set up a shipping rate or something for it?  I have no idea what I am doing to try and offer UPS for my customers.  can someone help me please?

Yabba Dabba

Quote from: Roba121 on July 26, 2006, 18:28:21 PM
Debug: Starting Shipping module: ups

Debug: The Shipping Module 'standard_shipping' couldn't
find a Shipping Rate that matches the current Checkout configuration:
I may have had a similar problem.
http://virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=71&topic=20469.0

I had UPS enabled and Standard Shipping disabled, but the system was grabbing rates out of the standard shipping tables.
I had to delete all rates from standard shipping and then delete the "ups" shipper from the standard shipping module before the ups module worked properly.

garyemyk

I have the exact problem did we get a fif for this ???
I have no shipper available unless I define a standard rate which I do not want to use

help???

radianation

I'm also having some trouble and need a solution ASAP. I have put all the details in the cfg file and still nothing shows up. =(

radianation

My problem was that my assistant didn't have weight installed for every item, so items without weight were causing the UPS shipping module not to report anything. You need an error message.  ;D

Fyb3roptik

This still isnt working for me.....I have everything configured right, weights assigned, etc. Still no ups shipping shows up. Can someone please fix this.

DoubleDriveMedia

The module works for me, I am now getting 503 errors when choosing anything other than UPS ground.  Anyone have a fix for that?

tfadonis

I hunted for a solution to the blank Canada shipping via UPS, but could not find one. So others know, I just had to enable the "UPS_Standard" Shipping Method. For shipping out of US, the response from UPS does not include a Ground price, only a Standard price (and a few others: UPS_Express_Saver, UPS_Worldwide_Express_Plus_SM, and UPS_Worldwide_Expedited_SM). Immediately after I checked the box in the config for the UPS shipping module, prices were displayed for Canada addresses.

Marco Conti

I'd like a bit of clarification here. When I read the code in the first post I see that the module name is UPS_shipping_1.5b.zip but there are references to USPS in the instructions. Is the UPS module substituting the USPS Module? Can they work together? Is it a spelling mistake.

Thank you

thomas_freeman

UPS = United Parcel Service - (the Brown Trucks)
USPS = United STATES Postal Service - (normal USA mail)

They are very different.

Compare www.ups.com and www.usps.com
[tr][td]
[/td][td]http://www.KustomServices.com   -   Donations[/td][/tr][/table]

mckayc

I am having a problem with high weights.  I have many items over 100 lbs.  On the heavy weighted items, I get an error that says:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /~/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/ups.php on line 323

Line 323 is:             $shipment[$i]["TransportationCharges"] = $shipment[$i]["TransportationCharges"]->getText();

If I delete this text, everything will work fine except all the prices for UPS will be $0 (This in a way is fine because for the heavier shipping, I need to disable UPS and use the standard shipping).

Does anyone know of a way to disable the option for UPS shipping if the weight is above a certain amount?