News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[SHIPPING MODULE] USPS - BugFix & Enhanced by deneb!

Started by deneb, May 02, 2006, 00:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deneb

OK,
Here is my modified version of the USPS shipping module that has been flying around...

NEW FEATURES:
Compared to the stock VM 1.0.4 version, it:
=> True International rates!
=> Configure toggle - Machinable Packages
=> Configure toggle - Show Delivery Days Quote
=> Configure which domestic (USA) AND international shipping options you want to offer the customer.
=> Adds improved de-bugging output (when shop DEBUG is on.)

BUG FIXES:
=> Fixes domestic weight problems.
=> Fixes the UK (Great Britain) country code issue.
=> Fixes the Canada issue.

Installation:
---------------------------
a. download the archive and unpack it to your local drive.
1. back-up your existing usps.php file (copy to: usps.php-bak)
(location: /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/)
2. add the language nuggets to your language file using attached: english_usps.txt (copy / paste)
3. upload the attached file: usps.php-hak, to administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/ folder.
4. copy usps.php-hak to usps.php (overwrite)
(EDIT: 4b. copy usps.cfg.php also...)
5. configure the new USPS module (VM admin > Store > Shipping Module List > USPS) then save.

EDIT: new file attached with a configuration file.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

weatherangel

Just to put credit where credit is due, MOST of the modifications have been contributed through the threads and Koltz has been putting it together, updating and debugging with the help of everyone in the thread. 

I think without this information added to the message, it is VERY misleading that the work as been completed by someone other than the contributor that has spent the last 2 months working very hard to get this together and working for the VM 1.0.5 release.

deneb

Cool, now we have two experts on the topic.

Feel free to use this code to fix any issues you are having with USPS shipping for VM.

misticjeff

Well all I know is that others may have been/still be working on it but deneb made it happen, all the files are in one place, directions are easy to understand and very professional.

Great work!!

Doesn't this look nice  ;D

Soeren

Could anyone please post a configuration example file for a default configuration?
Please replace username and password with XXXXXXXXXXXXX.

ciao, Soeren
The future of eCommerce: VirtueMart & Joomla!
http://virtuemart.net

deneb

sj_bros

http://www.sjbros.com - your videogame headquarters.

right now we don't have much in our store, but we do a lot of custom orders. if you'd like to order a game, please contact us using the form on the site. thanks!

benr

I'm having trouble getting this module to work.  I have it installed (with the current file from above).  I signed up for the API from usps.com and pluged the user name in, minus a password (which was not provided, is that correct?) and it still displays nothing when I go through the checkout process.  Am I missing something?  I read a post that said it had to be in Live mode, so I have emailed usps.com to have them switch me over.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

stanhook

I'm now having the same issue as benr.  I had everything working in August.  In September I ran a month for free shipping, went to turn it back on and now I can't get nothing, no USPS shipping options at all.  I've retraced my steps but I can't figure out what I did or didn't do.  I've looked around the forum but I may have tried too many things and now may have to start over.  Any thoughts?

Stan