News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Missing bank debit account info

Started by Shopmonger7, March 10, 2006, 15:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shopmonger7

Hi,

I want to make use of the "bank debit" payment option to capture the customers bank details for an order. ("Bankeinzug" for german speakers)

I know this can be done by enabling the relevant option in the store configuration, so that when the user either is logged in but not registered or not registered, the registration form will prompt for the relevant info.

This is all fine, except that

• at time of registration, the (new) user is unaware of the payment options available to him
  • these bank account fields are therefore also not mandatory
  • no validation of tthe bank account fields is done when using the "direct debit" payment method, resulting in an order that cannot be fulfilled because of missing bank account info

I could imagine that I would need to change/add to the choice of the bank debit payment type to include a similar  class such as ps_payment_method for the credit cards.

Has someone looked into this before or could give me a legup on how to tackle this?

Much appreciated.

Peter