News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Mail not sent to seller on order pendig

Started by cristina, November 22, 2023, 10:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cristina

Hi,
I set the configuration to send email to seller even when an order is pending, but no mail is sent.
The system sends e-mails on confirmed and accepted, but no mail for pendig.
I do not know why.
Thank you for your help
VM 4.0.22 10864 - Joomla! 4.3.2 - php 8.0.27

cristina

It's a bit strange that no one can give a suggestion to solve this problem.
I thought that's what the forum was for.

loppan

This hasn't worked for me in years, I just gave up on it, however I recently discovered that rupostel's one page checkout component has a fix for it, so I'm using that. Unfortunately I don't have the skill to change vm's behaviour myself, so unfortunately I can't be of any real help :/. I truly recommend rupostel's opc though, it fixes a dozen other annoying vm stuff, however I can understand if it's not a solution for everybody [emoji2373].

All my best
Peter

GJC Web Design

you can just create a new Status  e.g. Pending2 and configure that as your "pending"

the actual Pending is a "Reserved" status so certain configs for it will be hard coded
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

cristina

Thank you both.
I uderstand I must go inside the code and check.
However this seems to be a big bug.

AH

It is not a big or even a little bug, VM has been functioning in this way for many many years.

Pending never sends and email to anyone and cannot be configured to do so - it is simply an internal status that is used by the system prior to any order payment being attempted.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0