News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Homepage (startpage) / cart issue

Started by EIF, November 02, 2023, 14:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EIF

On J 4.4 with VM 4.2 I have an issue with my homepage (startpage) and the cart. (and user detail pages) On my current live website (which is J3 and VM 3) this problem doesn't exist.

I have a main menu item set to "start page", being my homepage. It is showing an individual joomla article. Also I have set some website components, blocks, to display at the top of (only) the homepage.

But when I click on the cart, it directs me to the cart url, but the website components, the blocks, that should only being displayed on the homepage, now still are visible in the cart page. So on the first look, it looks like you are on the homepage. But when you scroll down, then the cart is visible.

Those homepage blocks shouldn't be there, because it is not the home menu item anymore.

When I set another menu item as startpage, the cart is being loaded as it should be. Those blocks are gone, because the only show on menu item 'home'. But that is not how I like it to have of course.

Does someone kwnow what is the problem here?

EIF

For the cart I managed to solve it by making a hidden menu for the cart page, that shows the cart page.
When clicking on the cart it directs me to that hidden menu, so the the compenent blocks for the homepage are gone. (because it is other menu)

So I have a workaround for the cart, but what about the virtuemart user registration page. The url is: index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user
But there is no standard menu option for that page. Making a menu for a external url with that url, doesn't work. So in other words: when the user virtuemart user registration form is loaded, then it is still under menu 'Home', which is my startpage.

jenkinhill

For registration menu item you can use Virtuemart Account Maintenance  or Users Registration Form
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

EIF

I am using Rupostel VM registration instead, so for the account maintenanace doesn;t work, because it is another url, namely: "/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user". The url for the user registration is "index.php?option=com_users&view=registration" and
for the account maintenance is "index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&layout=edit".

This workaround works for some page, but not all. For example the "thank you" page after placing an order. The url is then: /index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=opc&controller=opc&task=checkout&nosef=1&virtuemart_product_id=1593&lang=nl&lang=nl

I can't make a hidden menu for this url, that works the same as the workaround. So now it opens as the 'home' menu page. (startpage). So the component blocks that appears on the homepage now also are visible. So you need to scroll down to see the "thank you" page with a link to de order view.

There are more url's with the same issue. Is there another solution?

jenkinhill

I don't know. Menus have always worked for me, but I never used Stan's OPC.  Perhaps ask him as I know he was been playing with the router recently.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum